Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The (tenth) YEAR Of Hembock!




Since last time...

-Krazyfool Show turned 22 (unobserved).
-Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion turned 23 (unobserved).

Damn, I almost forgot this day!
Almost thought this was happening tomorrow somehow.

As mentioned last year, my friend Margaret passed.
I spent all year reading her books, and finally did a review of them all.
(Parts 2, 2.5, and 3)

I'll always have that she got to see me put these out there.
She didn't get to see me do paid publishing, but, time was just against us.

"Ain't Exactly Clear" and "Ailuranth" are self-publish jobbies, so we were in the same boat.
I treasure AEC.
Always will.

Time and reading helped the healing, and I'm back up to 100%.
It hurts that I don't get to have new memories with her, but I get to hold on to the ones I have.
And, again, there's the books.

Still working on the new book.

I'm in better spirits than last year.
I pretty much would have to be.
I'm better just by virtue of "there's nowhere to go but up".

So, yeah, weird mixed bag of feelings looking back on this decade.
I'm philosophical about it.
It's not a party, but it's not a total bummer either.
Just...weird and reflective.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels