Sunday, May 30, 2021

Coronapocalypse, Part 6.


Okay, we left off last time, my folks had their first shots, and my appointment was coming up.
so let's pick up from there....


Mine's coming!

4/9/2021

Got a vaccine appointment for next Thursday. 
....if I can find the fucking place. 
Also, dunno what brand I'm getting. 
They didn't say, and I was half awake, and forgot to ask. 
Ugh.

Ah, got a confirmation e-mail, and it's the Pfizer!

(Note, it was way up in Brunswick. Three hour round trip)


Second shot for the folks!

4/12/2021

There! 
My folks have their second covid jab!
My first is this Thursday.


My first jab!!

4/15/21

Got Pfizer jab #1 in my veins! 
Second one's May 6th.

And WHOM friggin' loves Madonna. 
On the way up, "Spanish Lullaby" played, and on the way home "Papa Don't Preach" played.

Tch, just heard the news say Pfizer says we might need a 3rd in 12 months to fight the variants.


Side-effects 1.

4/16/21

Arm is a little sore. 
Feels like someone jabbed me hard with their thumb. 
If that's the worst I get, fine and dandy.


Side-effects 2.

4/17/21

I got a little bit run down feeling, and woozy, and fever-y, but I took a nap, and a poop, and had a midnight snack of pickles, and I feel great again.


Side-effects 3.

4/17/21

Arm pain is almost gone.


Side-effects 4.

4/18/21

Arm pain is 100% gone.


Fuck this guy.

4/19/20

Well, great, we're dead. 
Dad let one of his stupid car buddies come over, and they flapped at each other in the yard 1 foot apart, and then he let the asshole into the house to show him something on the computer, and they were inches apart. 
I rudely cut in, and said "there's a plague going on y'know". 
He gave me a stupid angry look on his stupid face, and said "mind your business". 
So, we're dead. 
He's gonna have a tantrum at me once the asshole leaves. 
I'm marking today's date, and three weeks hence on my list of dates to make it past without dying. 
They're racking up.

And the update...

4/19/21

Yeah, I remember this. 
That guy is still on my shit list.

Seriously, this was the first of many idiocies.
It's pure zippity-doo-da fucking luck none of us got the fuckin' 'rona for a whole year.

I feel safe talking about this now, because dad lost a friend to the 'rona, so neither of those lunkheads can say fuck all now.
I was right.
I was fucking right.
I win that fight.
The end.
The. Fucking. End.


7 days...

4/22/21

Week 1 since my first shot.


14 days...

4/29/21

Week 2 since my first jab! 
It's all through my system now! 
Week from today, jab 2!


21 days...

5/6/21

Got Pfizer jab #2 in my veins!
All done!
Now the 2 week wait for it to circulate.


Souvenirs.

5/6/21



Side-effects 5.

5/7/21

Bruise-y pain in the shoulder like last time. 
It'll probably be gone by Sunday.


Side-effects 6.

5/8/21

Felt groggy, took a nap, woke up, arm pain is 99% gone. 
Must've left it in the dream world.


Side-effects 7.

5/10/21

Arm pain from shot 100% gone.


28 days...

5/13/21

Week 1 since my second shot!


Lie-murderers.

May 11, 2020

Remember when Anne Coulter and other pundits called Democrats "the party of death", cuz we're pro-choice? 
I'm sure they're going to take that back now, and very graciously apologize. 
Y'know, what with all the covid19 lie-murders they've done now. 
Conservatives are good like that. 
Always owning their fuckups. 
And with class too.

And the update...

May 11, 2021

Still waiting...


Bullmoose shopping part 1.

5/18/21

Ahhhhh!!!! I just did my Bullmoose shopping spree over the phone. I'll grab it all Thursday when I'm sure my vax is through my system. "Mike, it doesn't have to be day-perfect...". I'mOCDithastobeperfect!!!!! 🤬


Covid calender's over!!!

5/19/21

For this whole fucking covid disaster, I've written the date two weeks ahead of when me or my dad leave the house, or if one of his stupid unmasked friends comes over, and what the offense was. 
It's been a huge fucking list, cuz dad wouldn't knock it the fuck off.  
When the two week ahead date came without us developing a cough, and/or being dead, I'd delete that date, and on to the next one. 
And so on, and so on, and so on. 
Tomorrow is the last date, and I can finally throw that file away. 
The date of 2 weeks of the second vax. 
It's over. 
For me. 
To those still un-vaxxed, hang the fuck in there.


35 days!!!

5/20/21

Two weeks since second shot!!! 
Sometime after lunch, shopping spree!


Shopping spree!! (Part 1)

5/20/21

Back from my excursion. 
6 shows, 3 movies. 
I'm starting to feel like my old self again!


Shopping spree (Part 2)

5/21/21

Alexandra, I just fiiiiinally got a physical copy of "Mistakes Were Made..." and it has a brand spanking new chapter on Trump dated 2019. 
It's a thick one too.


Shopping spree (Part 3)

5/27/21

Well, today really turned itself around! 
Woke up with agonizing lower back pain (I suspect from picking up the air conditioner), and literally didn't even want to get out of bed. 
I went to the barber, and the barber chair fixed my back somehow, and on the way home, the hardware store had the oscillating fan I wanted, and Bullmoose called with the rest of my on-order movies. 
So I got my haircut, fan, and movies, and my back got better. 
So...face every day with optimism I guess.


Hair 1.

April 30, 2020

I didn't realize until this crisis how addicted and entitled to haircuts so-called normal people are. 
I don't give a shit, I grow bigass caveman shrubs, and have it all chopped off when it gets hot and uncomfortable. 
There are people that go nuts if they can't get a touch up every WEEK? 
That must cost a fucking fortune. 
How frivolous. 
Once again, I'm the man of the future. 
My hermit-hood prepared me for all of this.

And the update...

April 30, 2021

Heh. *Points to profile pic* I'll buzz the beard and go to the barber once the second shot is two weeks in my system.

Me in all my covid hermit "glory".



Hair 2.

May 26, 2021

Step 1, beard off.



Hair 3.

May 27, 2021

Step 2, hair whittled down.



And some other bits from during the plague...


That time they thought I was dead.

April 27, 2020

Needle stabbing in whole sinus. 
Mostly on the left side of what I initially called nostril, but goes all the way up. 
In roof of mouth if I gulp water right. 
Nose making crunching if I wiggle it by hand. 
Yep, it's death. 
The thing I called a pinched nerve keeps moving all around. 
Neck, shoulder, arm, elbow. 
Right now, neck and elbow. 
Left side. Breathing still okay. 
No wheezing.

And the comments...

Steve- Does anyone have his phone number and can contact him?

Alexandra- There are times when this virtual community thing really sucks.

Alexandra- Okay guys, I called Sharon, and Sharon called him and he’s fine, just really embarrassed about making a fuss - which is STUPID.
Do you hear me, Mike?
*tap tap tap*
Is this thing on?
Your friends love you and care about you. Don’t be afraid to accept help or even to *gasp!* ask for it.
Feel better. ❤️❤️❤️

Laurie- You bastard, Meggison!

Sharon- On the plus side, I got to hear his dad’s amazing Maine accent.

Sharon- He probably regrets ever giving me his phone number though.

Me- Well....I was bellyaching in my head last night over the failed meaninglessness of my life as I'm wont to do, and I guess this was the antidote to that. Guess I gotta be careful what I say though. 🙂

There was a lot more than that, but that selection tells the overall story....

Anyway, the update....

April 27, 2021

Yep, I knew this was coming up. 
The time everyone thought I was dead. 
Well, I thought Margaret was dead, and I was right. 
So...yeah, guess I can't laugh about it like I planned on.

*Sad sigh about Margaret*

That weird nose pain thing I now think was sinus burnout from inhaling all the goddamned bleach they made us wash everything in sight with.
So, I can't 100% be blamed for being confused, cuz the goddamned scientists didn't know what was going on either.


Shoulder saga ends.

May 30, 2020

Starting April 25th, I kept a journal of the saga of my shoulder in case it was covid. 
26th was when everyone thought I was gonna die, 27th was when Sharon called. 
Kept almost getting better, backsliding, almost getting better, backsliding, etc, etc...but its been 6 days with no more twinges or backsliding, and I think I'm finally fucking better. 
That was the 6 weeks I wrote down. 
I backtracked, and I was complaining about it on Larry's wall March 30th. 
April 1st, I thought I had gotten better, but it was another fake-out and backslide. 
All together, that shit took 2 fucking months to come out of. 
Couldn't have happened at a worse fucking time either. 
April 19th was when dad's shitty friend got into the house. 
So I was probably extra paranoid about extra symptoms after that. 
I'm free!! I'm  free!! It's over!! 
Like I didn't have enough shit to worry about, I had to suffer with that shit. 
Fucking crappy body.

And the update...

May 30, 2021

It doesn't come out of it by itself anymore, I have to grind into the fucker like I'm making cube steak.


Covid dreams.

May 1, 2020

I had a dream that 1. we were all friends in meat-space in the same apartment building 2. Jonathan and Philip were gay with each other, but Jonathan was married, so he was cheating. 
I was livid, I was like, "that poor women put up with all of Jonathan's bullshit for all those years, and she just gets cast aside? Outrageous! It just beggars belief!". 
And Sharon was like "well, I think it's wonderful!". 
And I was like "tch, you would!". 
Apparently, I'm an uptight grandpa in my dreams. 
That's the weird part.

And the update...

May 1, 2021

Apparently my dreams are written by Tina Belcher.


Ant bitten!

April 29, 2020

Science of the day.
Generic black ants will totally bite you. 
But you really have to piss them off. 
And, what pisses them off worse than even killing their sisters, is shooing them away from Fluff. 
Apparently, Fluff is heroin for ants. 
How does one stumble on to that Fluff is heroin for ants?
Simple. 
Have Homer Simpson for a dad who leaves gooey foods smeared on the outside of their containers. 
Then you get ants, and then one of them will hunt you to your room like Michael Myers, and chomp you on the back. 
Fun times!

Not directly covid related, except to say shit like this got on my nerves 1000% more than normal during isolation.
The impact on my mental health during the combo of covid and Trump were considerable.


And...that's the end for this category!!!
Yay!!!!



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels