Friday, March 13, 2020

Well, there goes everything for this blog...

Meedyah Morsels #221.
-and-
Post 39 away from 3000 posts!

More gloomy coronavirus impact talk...


So, yeah, New Mutants is cancelled/delayed.

As are a shitload of other movies.

As are a shitload of shows.

So, even if I manage not to die, and/or have family die off on me, and everything goes smooth, and this plague is just a frustrating inconvenience....the movie industry is going to be gutted, and worse, the movie theater business is going to be gutted.

My local theaters might not be able to weather the pounding, and close.
Theaters have a razor thin profit margin, and mostly off their fucking popcorn (that I never buy).

So, even if the delayed movies come back, there might not be anywhere to go see them.

And this assumes they don't delay even more.
Assuming everything stays as it is right now.
Assuming we don't lose the target dates of Black Widow, Wonder Woman, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

And someone on one of my shows brought up, just the stupid writer's strike back in the 00's gutted TV for years, and even popular shows lost their momentum, and got cancelled.
"The Sarah Conner Chronicles", was one of those.

We could lose "Batwoman", or "Flash", or "Stranger Things".
Or all of 'em.
It could happen.

Everything dangles by a thread.

For absolute sure, the theater movies are gonna get pounded.
My "big movies of (insert year)", series, that's gonna be noticeably mutilated, if I get to do it at all this summer.

The big thing that gets me out of the house socially, and that keeps me sane, I might fucking lose it.
I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself.

And all of this awaits me out the other end of the tunnel if I can manage not to die, or end up homeless, or something.
That's my reward.
A gloomy fucking world where my favorite thing is wrecked.

It's a fucking bummer.
A fucking bummer.

I guess I can lean more into my goofy stories, but damn, I love the movie reviews.
They make me happy.
Regardless if other people give a shit about 'em.
*Sigh*
The next few weeks, and coupla months are gonna be interesting.
And not in a good way.

Stay the fuck tuned, I guess...



Previously with MM-

New Mutants is....awww...fuck!!! (MM #220)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels