Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The death of physical media.

Well, I already grumbled about the death of video stores in this post.

Well, it's only gonna get (for lack of a better word) worse.


Here's video game pioneer, and industry prophet, Nolan Bushnell...

Here's an ad for OnLive, literally the next generation of games. Here's the cool but spooky Lawnmower Man style interface. And here's a thing on Google that makes me paranoid about us pumping everything online. And, y'know, even if it doesn't become Orwellian and terrifying,...what else is gonna go away? Libraries? Schools? I dunno, I'm feeling weird about it. But, maybe this is what old people feel like about "consarned newfangled gizmos". Maybe this is one of those "circle of life", type deals, where I'm seeing the world I grew up in go away, and it's creeping me out on some animal instinct level. Maybe.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels