Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Big 2018 Movies Part 5.


Holy fuckballs!! I never thought we'd get to this one!!


Ghostbusters:
Answer The Call:
What Dreams May Come
(2017-2018)


Previously with this franchise...

And here's those individual issue reviews...

And now for a review of the whole thing as a movie (on paper).
  • Ehhhh, it's cute. But, where GB101 was worthy of being a movie, this feels more like a decent episode of the RGB cartoon.
  • It has its neat little moments, like Holtzmann's new gadgets in issue 1, and the revelation in issue 4 that Holtzmann brainwashed Abby into being obsessed with soup, but overall...I wanted more. Especially after having to wait 8 goddamned months for this thing. 
  • I enjoyed it overall, I'll probably buy the graphic novel, but this isn't my favorite entry in the series. I mean, "Crossing Over", is two issues in, and I'm already enjoying that more.
  • Well, Paul Feig intended ATC to be a trilogy, and with 101, and this, it finally is. 
  • In spite of my wavey-handing, I wouldn't mind if this creative team did another sequel. There's some good ideas set up that could be explored more. 
  • I crave an RGB-style ATC cartoon, have since the movie came out, and if this spins out into a permanent ongoing series, that would be almost as good. 
  • Yeah, if you look at this as a pilot episode for an ATC-RGB, this is pretty damned good.
  • Okay, I take back my "Ehhhh". You did good, ladies.
  • I want more though, if this is a one-and-done, I'm let down all over again.
  • Like I mentioned both in the issue 3 review, and my Ash season 3 review, I'm not gonna do issue/episode reviews like this anymore. I'm gonna wait for all 8 issues of "Crossing Over", to come out to review it all as one thing. 

Anyway, like 101, it was good, and I'm happy.
If you didn't follow the issues, grab the graphic novel in June.

See you next time in the franchise for "Crossing Over", and...after that, who knows?
Hopefully continued comics sequels.
Hopefully, the next movie.
They're keeping everything more top-secret than a goddamned Star Wars title reveal.
We'll see.
Whatever it is, you know I'll be on it like stink on a monkey.

Anyway, next time, Deadpool 2.
...I think.
...I'm pretty sure.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels