Friday, February 8, 2019

Corrections/updates Part 18.


In "Some MORE shows I hate that everyone else likes", I ranted and raved, and hooted and hollered about a bunch of stuff.
But in particular, Zach Galifianakis, and Tim & Eric.

I need to rewind a bit for context.

Way back at #2 of this series, titled "Another update on an old post", I brought up Bill Maher's shitty comments about Stan Lee's death.

Well, let's dig into that.

Here he is tripling down on that bullshit, and the article already points out his hypocrisy.

And here's Peter David (yes, that Peter David) curb stomping Maher into strawberry jam.

So, us geeks are pretty unified against Maher's crap by now, right?
Okay then!

Well,  Zach Galifianakis said pretty much all the same bullshit about comic book fans that Maher did.
In 2005, he was in "The Comedians Of Comedy", with Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, and Maria Bamford.
It's a documentary series of the comedy tour they went on together.
Posehn and Oswalt are sitting around shooting the shit about comics, and Galifianakis sneaks aside to do a "Real World", style confessional thingy to the camera, and shits all over their hobby Maher style.
Posehn catches wind of it, and laughs it off.

I didn't.
Fuck him.
I've seen him as a hipster douche ever since.
Everything he's done has rubbed me the wrong way.
I avoid him.
His films, his shows, fuck him.

"Oh, aren't I cute? I'm a lovable Teddy bear!".
No, you're not, you're a snotty douche who wears a mask.

And if Maher rubs you the wrong way, I don't know why a lot of the same people lap up everything Galifianakis does.
Particularly those wretched "The Hangover", movies.

But, Patton Oswalt still frigging swears by him as some comic fucking genius, so what the fuck do I know?
*Shrug*

It's just my opinion, I don't like the guy.
Nor Tim & Eric.
Nor Tosh.
I don't like that snotty sour faced hipster style.

If Tim & Eric, or "Hangover", is your humor style, enjoy away.
I wish I could.
I don't wanna crap all over your parade.
Have your fun.

2012 was better days, I guess, in that I could expend such fist shaking outrage over such meaningless bullshit.

Like I said in part 6 of this series, we have to save our really good hate for politicians, clergy, and CEOs.

I'm getting off the hate train for celebrities.
Unless it's something egregious, like Kanye saying slavery was a choice, or some shit like that.
And even then, I dismiss him as just a knucklehead.

People like Jordon Peterson who pretend to be experts, they're the ones you really have to keep a fucking eye on.
And that poisonous sack of shit has Bill Maher's ear.

Anyway, that's my bit on that.


1 comment:

Diacanu said...



Correction/update to this correction/update.

https://dickynoo.blogspot.com/2019/02/correctionsupdates-series-2-part-2.html

Blog Archive

Labels