Monday, February 18, 2019

Pop culture updates #24.

The title dropped for Ghostbusters/Transformers, and it's...

Transformers/Ghostbusters:
Ghosts Of Cybertron (2019)


Why, I just happened to predict that here.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and guess "Ghosts Of Cybertron".

Nailed it, boom.

Also, above is another cover image.
It's the Busters doing the poses from the RGB teaser painting, but on Ectotron instead of regular Ecto.

So, that's why the comic news was so (frustratingly!) sparse and top secret last anniversary.
Clearing all the rights hurdles, waiting for the toy to be ready, and coordinating the artists and writers for the anniversary thing.
NOW it all makes sense.

Hmm, Turtles, Transformers, I guess that ties things together enough to justify me getting the Infestation/Infestation 2 omnibus...

Hmm, y'know, one of the side characters dropped a little Easter egg joke about Transformers way back at Ghostbusters 101, I bet the gears were in motion way back then!

I predict next year's thing is a prequel comic to the 3rd movie to tie everything together.
We'll see.
If it is, I'll quote this, and strut over being a prophet.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels