Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Another update on an old post.



In "Happy 43rd birthday to myself!", I said some shit I ain't proud of.

Well, at least I am alive.
Heard about a guy I went to school with overdosing yesterday.
I mean, he overdosed awhile ago, but I heard about it yesterday.
I didn't like him, so I'm not sad.
Every dickhead I outlive is a good thing.

Funny thing, at one point, he was on the stage of his rehab where he had to make amends, and he apologized to our fucking bus driver.
The bus driver???
You go far enough back for the bus driver, and not to me???
Fuck you, pal.
Good riddance.

Well, that's a dark way to get myself laughing again, but damned if it didn't work.

Yep, I'm alive, a jerk is dead, and I've got more Marvel movies and Ghostbusters books on the way.

I was moderately depressed, and coming off a big bucket of stress, and my humor gets really dark in that state.
It's no excuse, but I expect better of myself.

What really made me reflect on it is Bill Maher's comments on Stan Lee.
People are in mourning over the guy, and he picks then to be a douche rag, and urinate on him, and make everything about him, because he didn't appreciate the medium the guy worked in.

I don't wanna be Bill Maher.
I don't wanna urinate on a guy because I just didn't like him.

Oh, I'll urinate on a fucker that was harmful to the world.
I'll urinate on a dead dictator.
Or an anti-gay pastor.
Or a censorship pig.

But some schoolyard shit?
Eh, I gotta let that go.

I'm not glad the dude is dead.
I'd be lying if I said I was sad.
I still didn't like him.
Even though I never got to see it, I'm sure he had his good side.
I can't hand wave a whole life away.
People are complicated.

I hope no one hand waves me away when I croak.
I didn't break anyone's arm, or pick their pocket, or shit in their food.
Anyone that would treat me like I did is a complete fucking tool.

Fuck Bill Maher, and fuck letting depression turn me into anything resembling him.
I got better shit to do.

Anyway, apologies again for my lapse.
I try to do better, but no one is perfect.
It's why I'm probably gonna make a series of these corrections.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels