Friday, December 21, 2018

Corrections/updates Part 13.


In "Things I don't do- remaining thoughts", I ranted about the show "My So Called Life".
That could really use an update.

Okay, go read that rant, then come back.
The line that pissed me off was "you dissect everything until it doesn't EXIST!".

Now, that dumb show may seem like an odd thing to rant about, but I get now why it stuck in my craw.
I was attacking a symptom, not the source.
The source being that "embarrassed millionaires", thing I talked about in part 10.

Clearly, that character being yelled at was somewhere on the spectrum.
And his disability was treated as a moral failing.

Just like this culture treats lots of other handicaps as a moral failing.
Just like it treats poverty as a moral failing.
Just like it treats non-white ethnicity as a moral failing.
Just like it treats non-Christian religion, or non-religion as a moral failing.
Just like it treats certain body types as a moral failing.
Just like it treats alternate sexuality as a moral failing.
Just like it treats too much sexuality in women as a moral failing.
Just like it treats too little sexuality in men as a moral failing.
Hell, this culture even treats AGE as a moral failing!!!

So, it really chapped my ass that a show supposedly written by baby boomer liberals had an attitude like that.
Another betrayal from the boomers.

But, as cynical as I felt I was 7 years ago, I didn't appreciate how far down the rabbit hole this shit goes in our country.

I didn't appreciate how even our so-called liberals are tainted with white privilege, and their cushy little perch blinds them to this shit.
Hell, there's shit I probably haven't gotten hip to.
I fell for the anti-feminist bunko from the crypto-fascists.
I've probably still got a long ways to go.

So, I'm not angry about it anymore.
I felt overwhelmed and surrounded by this shit when I ranted all that out.
I'm still surrounded, but at least I can more clearly identify it all now.

And The Trumpster Fire has made it visible to everyone, so I don't feel like a lone crazy person anymore.
Everyone who ever doubted me can see it now.
It's like I finally convinced everyone to put on the "They Live", glasses.

And I even said in the first comment....

Wait a minute...it's so obvious!
I've cracked it!

America is a teenage girl!

That's why my subconscious latched on to Claire Danes as an example!

That's why everything is so pathetic, and dramatic, and irritating!

America is one big 100 foot teenage girl!

It explains everything!


Well, we ended up with a teenage girl president.
We've come to the end of the line with this shit.
I warned you people.

As for Claire Danes, or Jared Leto, or anyone involved in the production of "My So Called Life", hey forget it, you were kids, you were doing a job, your hearts meant well, it's just a show, I know.

Moving on...


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels