Sunday, December 29, 2019

Big 2010's DECADE end movie recap! (Part 3)


And finally, the third and final part, the top 10 comedy films of the 2010's.
There weren't a lot of great straight ahead comedies this decade, and even less I saw at the theaters.
So, a lot of these, in fact most, overlap with the superhero genre.

There were already great comedies in the comic book movies list like Deadpool, and Ragnarok, but I didn't want repeats, so this isn't a list of pure merit, so much as runner-ups from the comic book list.

So, for what little it's worth, here's those.














1. Shazam!

Didn't get nearly enough of the box-office love it deserved.
It made money, but everyone should have gotten out to see it.













2. Lego Batman

Said it in the review, the "Spaceballs", of Batman.













3. Ghostbusters: Answer The Call

Goddamned right.
You knew I had to work this baby into one of these lists.













4. Zombieland: Double Tap

The first overlap with the horror list.













5. The World's End

Shaun would have been on the list, as would the first Zombieland, but, I missed them at the theater, so....

I said in the review I thought it would be a new classic, but that sadly hasn't materialized.
A lot of people even have this as their least favorite of the Cornetto trilogy.
I love Shaun and Hot Fuzz, but goddamn, this one had so much deep shit to say about addiction, and adulthood, and the traps of nostalgia, and conformity, and rebellion, and the failures of rebellion, and the traps of conformity, and the sickness of our modern society, and...I guess I got a lot more out of it than a lot of people. Go figure.













6. Ant-Man

This unassuming little film laid the groundwork for "Avengers: Endgame".
Who knew?
Anyone who read comics, that's who.
*Smug nod*













7. Ant-Man & The Wasp

Behind the first one by a decimal place.













8. Venom

The second overlap with the horror list.













9. Incredibles 2

Spider-Verse was better than this, but like I said up top, I didn't want repeats.
At least from the comic book list.













10. Sausage Party

Fun movie, I just wish they hadn't treated the animators like indentured servants.
I think that scandal probably hurt it at the box-office, and murdered its sequel chances.

Dammit, capitalism, why do you keep turning people into assholes?
Someone needs to do a raunchy animated satire on the money side of showbiz.
And pay their fucking animators.


Up next, the compilation!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels