Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Abortion and Nazis. (SFF #3)


A two-fer!!


On tiki-torch Nazis getting violent over confederate monuments:

August 21, 2017

Let's say they put up a statue of (struggles to think of someone I admire) ohhh...Stan Lee! 
Then, a couple decades later, they decide to tear the Stan Lee statue down. 
Let's say I go to a rally to protest the tearing down of the Stan Lee statue. 
Now, let's say, the people I thought were on my side starting pulling out swastika flags. I'd get the fuck out of there. 
I'd be like "oh, shit, I thought this was something else, this isn't my thing, bye, bye!". 
Wouldn't any sane moral person do that? 
Wouldn't standing beside the Nazis be a stupid fucking thing to do? 
So...wouldn't it be easy to say the only ones standing beside Nazis would be...other Nazis? 
So...where the fuck are these "good people on both sides", Donald Trump is imagining supposed to come from? 
How does that work? Anyone wanna walk me through that?


On abortion:

August 21, 2018

Now, it occurs to me, if I thought, I mean REALLY thought, that there was a place that chopped up babies, and ground them into hamburger, and fed the hamburger to demons, I'd either become the Batman of that belief system, and rescue the babies with grappling hooks, and zip lines, and smoke grenades, OR, failing that, I'd become the Lucius or Alfred to the Batman of that belief. 
What I wouldn't do is harass women walking into the baby-hamburger-place, and say snotty and/or vulgar crap to them. 
Nor would I make a shitty TV show shaking my fist at the baby-hamburger-place, and women who went there, and run it decade after decade until I got into my 90's, and looked like Alfred E. Newman from MAD magazine. 
Nor would I whistle and twiddle my thumbs decade after decade waiting for the judges to align to shut down the baby-hamburger-place. 
The latter of the above isn't the behavior of people that give a fuck about people that need rescuing, it's the behavior of bullies that hate women. 
They don't even believe it. 
Remember that. 
Always remember that. 
Before you get dragged into an argument over "when does life begin?", or "when is the fetus viable outside the womb?", or "is there such a thing as a soul?", or any of that bullshit, just know that they don't even believe ANY of it. 
There'd be abortion Batman, and abortion Daredevil, and abortion Green Arrow, and abortion Punisher, and...let your imagination go nuts, they'd be coming out of the woodwork. 
There isn't even one. 
They. 
Don't. 
Believe. 
It.


Previously-


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels