Sunday, April 21, 2019

Meedyah Morsels #57.

Some re-release news on the original Ghostbusters films.



Ghostbusters 1 & 2 4K/Blu-Ray steelbook.

Bonuses include-

-The long lost "Fort Detmerring", scene!!
Yep, they found it in a vault, and digitally restored it.

Okay, I have to explain this a little for noobs.

The scene is, Ray and Winston go to the Civil War museum at Fort Detmerring on a call, Ray puts on a Civil War outfit for the Hell of it, the blowjob ghost blows him, and Winston walks in, and Ray tells him to go away.

That got re-edited in the final movie to Ray just dreaming about the blowjob ghost.

But, if you freeze frame, and squint, you can still totally see Ray has Civil War epaulets on in the original scene.

Anyway, the whole scene is back now.
Dunno if they splice it in, or if it's a deleted scene.
Probably deleted scene, since it got cut for slowing the flow of the film in the first place.


-Next, a commentary track for GB2 finally with Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd.
GB2 never had a commentary, now it does.


-Next, the push pilot for RGB that got restored last year.


-Finally, the guys from the Interdimensional Crossrip Podcast and Ashley Robinson from Geek History Lesson do a fan commentary for GB1.
I'm a fan of all those people! (see my podcast list)


I dunno if I wanna be quadruple dipped for these flicks though.
It's pricey.
I kick myself for letting the ultimate firehouse set of RGB pass me by though....
I mean, I've got the episodes, but the firehouse set had commentary and interviews.
Well....we'll see...


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels