Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Update Master (part 1-6, The Brew Review)



Previously.

The Update Warriors (Part 6, The Brew Review).

And now to the super-compressed update-athon, drawn from "All-purpose horror thread part 3".


Part 1, 80's Slashers.


  • "Ash vs Evil Dead", season 2 came out, I reviewed it, and now it's on Blu-Ray.
  • Bruce Campbell wants to do 5 seasons of "Ash vs Evil Dead", season 3 is in the can, but we haven't heard anything. No poster, no trailer, no release date, no nothing.
  • "Cult Of Chucky", has a trailer, and I don't give a shit.
  • "Leatherface", has a couple trailers, and I give so little of a shit, I won't even link it.
  • New Freddy documentary by Robert Englund "Nightmares In The Makeup Chair".
  • Huge Facebook update on "Scream Queen". Link.
  • Another ANOES documentary, "Fredheads". About the fans. I dunno, unless it has an ANOES celebrity in it, I barely care.
  • "Slash Of The Titans", a book on the saga of the production of "Freddy vs Jason", came out, and I bought and reviewed it. Wonderful! Hooray!
  • The next "Friday The 13th", was cancelled, I ranted about it at first, but it sounds like it was going to suck anyway.
  • "Death House", is finally coming January 26th of 2018.
  • "Stranger Things", Season 2 is coming, and has a Ghostbusters theme the way season 1 had a D&D theme.


Part 2, Classic Monsters.


  • The Mummy remake that was supposed to usher in a Universal Monsters Shared Universe called "Dark Universe", was a critical disaster. It was a box-office flop in the US, but it made big bucks overseas, so who knows if they're going to move ahead.
  • Godzilla 2, now titled "Godzilla King Of Monsters", arrives March 22, 2019.
  • "Godzilla King Of Monsters", stars Millie Bobby Brown from "Stranger Things".
  • Dwayne Johnson's "Rampage", comes out April of 2018.

Part 3, Masters Of Horror.


  • We lost George Romero this year. :-(
  • We lost Tobe Hooper this year. :-(
  • "Dark Tower", came out, and I reviewed it.
  • "IT", came out, and I reviewed it.
  • The series of "The Mist", was a flop, and was cancelled. 
  • There's going to be a Netflix movie of "Gerald's Game".
  • "Alien: Covenant", came out, and I reviewed it.
  • There's going to be a remake of "An American Werewolf In London", written by Max Landis.
  • I stopped giving a shit about Tom Six and Soska Sisters. If they finally make something, I'll care. 


Part 4, Based On A True Story.


This year, I think I'll use my "I don't h8 the 90's anymore", update series.
It's not done yet, so when it is, I'll retro-link it...

HERE.


Part 5, Pumpkin Potpurri.


  • "Get Out", by Jordan Peele is a critical and box-office hit. Peele is going places. 
  • "My Friend Dahmer", adapted from the graphic novel by Derf Backderf is coming November 3rd, and has a trailer.
  • Eli Roth is remaking "Death Wish".
  • Saw "Scouts Guide To The Zombie apocalypse". Eh, it was cute. Not as good as "Shaun Of The Dead", better than "Deathgasm", or "Cooties".
  • "XX", (female directed anthology) trailer.
  • "XX", came out in February, and is out on video by now.
  • Thomas Jane is joining the cast of the next Predator. Okay, now I'm interested.
  • A sequel novel to Bubba Ho-Tep!!


Part 6, Witch's Brew.


Okay, now for the blog stuff that this category represents.

As I said here, I'm not going to update every little thing from every little category anymore, so these Halloween things will be wittled down even more.

That was then.
Now, I don't wanna do these anymore at all.
I need to get these monkeys off my back once and for all.
They served their purpose, time to move on.
I'll observe Halloween and Christmas, and I'll always keep the archive of these old ones up,

So, this is the last one of these.
Next year, no September 30th post at all.
No Update-athon at all, even as a Brew Review.
This is goodbye.

I only did this one, cuz I felt obligated to finish off the updates from the final horror updates thread.

So, in 30 days, this'll be compiled into the Halloween post, and from next year on, just Halloween observance.
Maybe links to horror movies I saw at the theater if any.
No doubt masters of horror deaths.
Just bare basics.

Ditto Christmas.
Except I'll definitely link to the superhero movies I saw, because I see way more of those.


Again, in 30 days, I'll see you for Halloween.
In the meantime, I'll keep pecking away at those 90's retrospectives.
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels