Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday The 13th Part 14. (2017)




Part 13 (2017)

So I said in January...

Well, shit, here we are, and no Friday The 13th The 13th movie.
Am I shocked? Hell no.
Its been bumped to Friday the 13th in October.

And...

*Sigh* well, see you in October, folks.

Well, here we are, and...haha!! Nope!!

Yep, Paramount cancelled it.
"Just couldn't crack the script".

Oh, bullshit.
It's a guy in a hockey mask killing teenagers, not fucking Bladerunner.
They just made a Bladerunner sequel, and the critics adore the fucking thing.
It took a year.
One fucking year.
Follow up to a 30+ year old classic, blam, they pounded it right out.

Jason?
"Oh, we need to toss this around for a decade to get it JUST RIGHT".
Fuck you, you're a bunch of cocaine rapists, not artists.

"Slash Of The Titans", illuminated me on what Development Hell is really all about, and what bullshit it really is.

So....I'm done.
No more of these.

All the Freddy/Jason franchise news I already covered in the 14th FvJ anniversary.
Read that if ya haven't.

When all the documentaries that are gonna come out come out, I'm done.
Paramount/Warners can go fuck themselves.
Fuck their reboots, they can shove 'em.
"Nightmare Warriors", comics series was the end of the old continuity.
I've got Star Wars, I've got "Star Trek: Discovery", I've got "The Orville", I've got animated Ghostbusters 4 to look forward to, I've got GB:ATC sequel comics to look forward to, I don't need to pine over Freddy & Jason anymore.

I've got my happy childhood memories, but anything further from this franchise, I put next to Ralphie's Ovaltine decoder ring in the "son of a bitch!", pile of hard won wisdom.

So, bye bye to this particular superstitious holiday.
See you at Halloween.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels