Thursday, November 30, 2023

Black Adam (2022)



Previously with the DCEU/Snyder-verse...


There! Finally catching up on the last few DCs before the big reboot.

Well....super short version, I didn't hate it.

I said here...

I haven't heard much good about "Black Adam".
Safe to assume it's gonna land in "fneh" when I finally see it.

Well, let's look what else is in "fneh"...

-Wonder Woman 1984
-Suicide Squad
-Justice League- Whedon Cut

Better than those, easily.
I'd say it hovers somewhere between "Aquaman" and "The Suicide Squad".
Not the greatest, not the worst, it's a decent watchable mid-tier superhero movie.

Actually, better than I was expecting.
I was bracing for full-blown awful from all the foamy spittle it attracted.
I was expecting "Bloodshot" bad.
Sweatlessly better than "Bloodshot". 
I even freshly re-watched "Bloodshot" so the comparison is crisp in my mind.
Trust me.

It's not perfect; bits of it are a little cringe, bits of it drag on, but the negative critics blew its flaws way out of proportion.
As is usual.

Would I recommend it?
Eh.....if you're a heavy-duty DC completist. Like me.
Otherwise...eh...wait until it's free on cable.
One of the Turner stations. 
Rainy day, you're bored, it's on, check it out.
If you've got HBOMax anyway, fuck it, fire it up.

As for my dumb physical media hoarding ass, I've got way worse ones in my collection.
I can live with this purchase.

Next up, Shazam 2, and Blue Beetle.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels