Monday, August 25, 2014

Big Summer Movies Part 2. (Part 7)


And finally, the last one on the list....


Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014)


See here for the review of the first one.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
It's bombing hard, and the critics are shredding it, but I don't see the problem.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one.
I think the 10 year wait raised expectations too high.
The bad reviews actually cushioned my expectations to the level they should've been.

I'll definitely be getting the DVD to go with the first one.

If you're a fan of the first one, go ahead and see it on the big screen, it's a visual feast.
Of junkfood, but a feast.

One nitpick....anything where Marv is still alive has to be a prequel to "The Hard Goodbye", but there's no way in fucking Hell "Nancy's Last Dance", could happen before "The Hard Goodbye".

So....is Frank saying "fuck continuity!!"??
Or....is there a slot within "Hard Goodbye", it can squeeze into?
Guess I'll need to watch the DVDs against each other when "Dame", comes out to buy...

My other nitpick...I can never get enough Rosario Dawson.
More!! More!!!

Hmm, yep, I liked it, but didn't love it.
I enjoyed it a lot more than the "meh", films, but "Guardians", "Winter Soldier", and "Future Past", are still in my top 3.

Anyway, that kills the list, but tomorrow, one more little thing to do. ;-)

2 comments:

Billdude said...

Huh:

http://www.cracked.com/article_21450_5-successful-people-who-everyone-forgets-are-exposed-frauds.html?wa_user1=2&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=feature_module

Diacanu said...



Yes, saw that.
Another reason I cancelled it for Halloween.
They beat me to it.

Blog Archive

Labels