Friday, August 15, 2014

Flicks I've watched (Part 40.5)


Part 40.
Then this one goes in-between, then...
The End.


So, here's the real end of this series...


Batman: Assault On Arkham (2014)


I said here it would be a fitting capper, and it is.
Batman was my first comic, Batman was my first VHS, it/he should be my last "flicks I've watched", review.

So, let's recap the other DC animateds for the 2013-2014 period.
This one?
Excellent.
Best yet.
I'd even put it better than "Dark Knight Returns", or "Under The Red Hood".
Yep, that good.

I'd seriously put it up there with good animes like "Ghost In The Shell", or "Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust".

It's an interquel (in-between-quel) to the games "Arkham Origins", and "Arkham Asylum".

And it is nooooot for little kids.
Nyeeooo-ho-ho-hooo!
Nooo!
Violence, death, blood, decapitation by explosion, profanity, obscene gestures, sexual references, heavily implied bedroom scenes, references back to the bedroom scenes that remove all doubt, all that's missing is actual nudity.
Personally, I'd give it an R.

I think they used all the stuff they gradually got away with in the last ones to build to this one.
And, I've got no problem with that.
Unlike "Superman Unbound", this wasn't confused as to its audience.
They're in full on adult audience mode for this one.

Anyway, Kevin Conroy is back as Batman, Princess Bubblegum is Harley Quinne, and some guy I've never heard of is Joker, but does a dead-on Mark Hamill.

Batman is in this, but almost as a guest in his own movie.
This really focuses on The Suicide Squad, which Harley is recruited into.

The Suicide Squad is gathered together, and tasked by Amanda Waller with breaking into Arkham Asylum, and retrieving a gizmo, and also stopping Joker's dirty-bomb plot.
Hi-jinks ensue.

It's kind of "Escape From New York", with Batman characters, and betterer.

Buy, don't rent.

And, that's the end.
Good one to go out on quality wise too.

1 comment:

Diacanu said...



Favorite character?

Killer Frost.

I know, I always gravitate to the bad girls.

Blog Archive

Labels