Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Happy 49th birthday to myself!



(Sent back in time from 7/31/24)

The actual day was kinda boring.
Ate cake and ice cream.
Whoopidy doo.
Other than the birthday chow, it was my usual day of fighting trolls on boards, and Trek on TV.

Got all my "get out of the house" shit done the day before.
Renewing my license, cashing some checks, getting some groceries.
Well, saw a cute girl to make into a book character.
These poor random people don't know I'm putting a cut n' paste box around them and hitting "save". 😏

Saw "Deadpool & Wolverine" the previous Friday.
Yeah, I guess that was my big present to myself.

Got some loot shopping to do, but not much excites me.
It's gonna be a slow peck, peck, peck as I find stuff I like.
I think the actor's strike threw all the movies out of whack.
Usually I have a pile of flicks to collect around this time.
Nope, everything's finally fucking coming out in the theater now.

Bummed about almost being 50.
Well...not bummed.
Just...philosophically weirded out.
Half a century.
I do feel like an old wizard who's seen a lot of shit.
Have a grey stripe in my beard, so the wizard look is coming along.
I have a good memory for the history I've been through to tell the kiddies.
And I'm not a boring storyteller like the Grandpa Simpsons out there.
No one cares where the old fucking gas station was, get to the meat of the story, you dumb coot!!
Anyway!
I know how to rewind things going on now to their prequel, and tell it well with minimum bullshit.
I got that going for me.

That haunts me.
Well, add it to my wizard trauma pile.

Well, I lost them because they wouldn't listen to my wizard wisdom.
TERFism is the 80's gay/AIDS panic in new wrapping paper.
They don't "make good points". It's all old shit on repeat.
Why don't my fellow gen-xers remember this shit?
It's fucking infuriating. 

Oh yeah, and last year, we lost Paul Reubins and Sinead O'Connor my birthday week.
Pee-Wee landed right on my friggin' birthday.
So I have that to remember forever.
Sheesh!

So, that's me at 49.

I'll put a link HERE for the loot hunt.
Stay tuned.


1 comment:

B. D. said...

At least it turned out Sinead wasnt a suicide.

Blog Archive

Labels