Saturday, July 9, 2022

Thor: Love And Thunder (2022)


And, here we go!!!



Previously with Thor-


Gotta admit, I was skeptical with the shit I've been hearing, and I really only went out of obligation to Marvel, and wanting to get out of the house.

Don't worry.
It's fucking great.

Comparing it to "Ragnarok" is like comparing red apples to green apples.
Similar fruit, different flavors.
Everyone's got a different take on which they go with.

Where I compared "Ragnarok" to straight up "Heavy Metal" this one is "Heavy Metal" meets He-Man, meets Swamp Thing for the bad guys, meets "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" for the Zeus stuff.

This has a different energy than "Ragnarok" so your opinion of how it stacks up will be different, but I consider it top tier.
The negative critics are out of their fucking minds.
There's no way this is down amongst "Eternals" or "Ant-Man & The Wasp" or the first Hulk.

It gets up into "Homecoming" "Ragnarok" "Black Panther" territory easily.
If you see it on your worst day ever, like your partner leaves you, and your pet dies, then the lowest it could still possibly chart is "Guardians 2".

Hell, I rank it up among my favorite fantasy movies period.
Dark Crystal, Last Unicorn, shit like that.

I loved it, I think you'll love it, tune out the haters.
There's some spoiled babies out there.

I really dug it.
I walked out with an idiot grin on my face.
Can't wait to collect it on disk.

Go see it!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels