Friday, November 2, 2012

Gorge-a-thon (Part 1)


Nerds (1983-present)



The candy-

Fuckin' delicious.
...if you're a sour-hound.

I no longer can be, cuz of the whole gout/stones deal.
My favorite thing (sour) has become my Kryptonite.

Which, given my kink for acid, is pretty much Shakespearean irony.

And oh yeah, neat little boxes.

The history-

Okay, I shit you not, when Dairy Queen invented the Blizzard, one of their limited-time-only experimental flavors was a Nerds Blizzard.

Vile.

Yes, I tried it.

Ate it all the way down to that last little swish of melted ice cream at the bottom of the cup, and the sour had separated it into a vomit-y looking fluid...I'm amazed I didn't ralph.
I was quite the puker back in those days.

They...never ever brought that back.

There had to have been people who came back to the drive through window, exclaiming "that was fucking horrifying!!".

So, yeah, Nerds...don't go with anything...there's no recipe I can imagine them in that wouldn't be puke-naceous.

On their own, wonderful.

Whatever they go with, has yet to be invented.


Blizzard (1985-present)


The food-

Everything they've put in them has worked.
...except...Nerds.

Their one failure...they won't even speak of it now.

My favorite these days is the Strawberry Cheesecake one.
If they made a blueberry cheesecake, I would fucking inhale that.

The history-

25 years old two years ago.
I should have celebrated that.
Dammit.

Well, prior generations can brag they were there for the invention of cars, and/or television,...I was there for video games, and Blizzards.

Ayuh.



Good enough for today.
After killing myself on Halloween, I'm taking this light and breezy.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels