Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Fourteen years of Shmegalamonga!!!




Had a little bit more peace this year than last.
Cool colors were the way to go with the logo.
For water. Tears, happy and sad. Ocean and ice in "The Others Trilogy".

Corona is still chugging merrily along among the un-vaccinated knuckleheads.
We hit a million awhile back.

Looks like the January 6th Committee might actually get Trump behind bars and out of politics.
But, his poisonous little underlings and imitators are still a threat to democracy, so the fight against evil never ends.

The supreme court has gone full mask-off evil like Hillary warned us in the 2016 debates.

Apple Cinemas bought Cinemagic, and brought the theaters back.
Finally re-constructed my destroyed 2020 and 2021 in movies.
For 2022 movies, I've seen "The Batman" and "Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness".

38th Ghostbusters anniversary finally had all the goodies I wanted.
It was on pause for 2 fucking years thanks to covid, thanks to Trump.




Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion turned 23.


I read all of Margaret's books, and did a two part review (1, 2), plus favorite movies of hers we shot the shit about.

I was in a bummer emotional crisis last year over whether this blog was even worth it looking back.
It was worth it.
It's my outlet and my therapy, I've needed it.

As for the "wasted time" thing, fuck that.
Thomas Edison took 10 thousand tries at the lightbulb.
George Lucas had the seeds of Star Wars floating in his head for decades, and took 4 drafts when he set down to write it.
Then he took 16 years to get to the prequels.
Luc Besson took 20 years to get "The 5th Element" right.
James Cameron has taken 14 years to get to Avatar 2.
It took 37 years to get Afterlife to the fucking screen.

Yeah, America's scream in your face drill sergeant/football coach mentality can go fuck off.
Some creators putter around.
I'm one of them.

If the Thomas Edisons and George Lucases listened to the "Win win win!! Now now now!!" people we'd all be in fucking caves now.

I'm working on the book, I'll get there.
When the checks roll in, I'll catch up to the dumb life shit I missed along the way.
Barring getting hit by a bus, I'll be all right.

Yeah, I'm finally in a good place this time.
Even with the world threatening to fall apart.
It's strange.


Edit-

Oh yeah, and here's the year 15 logo for posterity.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels