Tuesday, October 15, 2024

So, Star Wars...



Okay, so here's the deal.

Jump back to "Empire Strikes Back" for a sec.
Remember the Yoda training?
Remember Yoda telling Luke that the dark side is faster, and more seductive, and that a Jedi has to be at peace, and passive?

Now, jump ahead to "The Last Jedi".
How does Luke beat Kylo Ren?
With illusions to stall him to save lives, and he dies in the process.
Luke beats Kylo with pacifism and self-sacrifice.
Not aggression.
Like a Jedi is really supposed to be. 
Like Yoda taught Luke in ESB.

TLJ follows the actual in-canon Jedi way.
I think this makes it the best of the sequels, and one of the best of the 9 saga movies.

CHUDs hate it.
Of course CHUDs hate it. CHUDs are violence-loving right-wing piles of shit.
The franchise should not be catered to CHUDs.
At all, at all, at fucking all.
And sure enough, everything since the sequels that gets further and further away from that Jedi lesson in ESB and TLJ....sucks more and more.
Mandalorian showed promise. Those first two seasons.
Then the spinoffs of spinoffs of spinoffs; its been diminishing returns.

This is why. 
CHUDs will say SW lost it way because of feminism, and inclusion, and blah, blah, fucking blah.
No, SW lost its way trying to please CHUDs. 
You can't please CHUDs.
They're miserable. Everything that makes them miserable is a capitalism problem, and they insist on being fucking conservative sacks of shit. 
They're guzzling the poison that's making them cranky.
They don't get it; they're never going to get it.
They'd get it if they listened to Yoda.
They're never going to listen to Yoda.

And this is why Star Wars fandom blows.

And it's why I think I'm checking out.
The Hainish books give me everything I've been looking for in a space saga.
I need look no further. The quest is over.

Odds are very high Star Wars is going to churn out pabulum until I goddamned die.
I don't need to chase the childhood high that never comes back.
I'm out.

I mean, let me know if the Rey one taps into the Buddhist stuff that TLJ did.
I doubt it, but tap me on the shoulder if it does.

Unless that happens, I'm good for Star Wars.
I've got the 9 saga movies, and the "a Star Wars Story" ones, and "How Star Wars Conquered The Universe".
I'm good with that.
I'm good.
I'm all set.

This will be the only entry for the next May the 4th, and then I'm not doing them anymore.
Yep.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels