Wednesday, March 4, 2020

GB: Afterlife references in GB: Year One!

Meedyah Morsels #217.
-and-
Post 47 away from 3000 posts!

One retroactive, one new.


Okay, first, here's the Y1 covers again...



Note the colors.
Orange, pink, green, and blue.
At the time, I thought they were random.

Now look (again) at the toy slimes for Afterlife coming out...


Orange, pink, green, and blue!!!!

I can't believe I didn't see it before.
I lazily looked at those covers for the millionth time when it finally clicked.

Okay, maybe it's a coincidence.
Maybe.
But I doubt it.
Why randomly choose orange and blue?
The classic toy slime colors from the 80's toys were red, purple, blue, and yellow.
Green and pink are from the first two movies, why not fill in the extras with purple and yellow, or blue and yellow, or blue and purple?
Why orange and blue?

Cuz they're in the new toys, cuz they're in the new movie, that's why.

The comics writers have clearly been shown some stuff.

That's the retroactive one, now the latest one.
Issue #2 dropped today, and this scene happens...


"Don't you have some kind of--I don't know--like a DUCK CALL or something, but for GHOSTS?".

A duck call for ghosts?

Y'mean...like...


THIS?!?!?!

That says to me the Ghost Whistle is in the movie, and Winston canonically plants the idea to make it in Egon's head 35 years in the past.

Again, could be coincidental, but it's a helluva coincidence.
And two of 'em?
Nah.
The comic writers have seen stuff.
And more Easter eggs are gonna drop.
So I gotta be on my toes.
Stay tuned.


Previously with GBA-

Ghostbusters: Afterlife toys!


Previously with Ghostbusters comics-

Ghostbusters: Year One. (MM #162)


Previously with MM-

Scream Queen review!!! (MM #216) 


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels