Sunday, November 24, 2019

Asshole during Justice League.

Meedyah Morsels #176.
-and-
Stuff from Facebook #24

A late addendum to my Justice League review.
Cuz I didn't wanna be a downer at the time, cuz there was enough bullshit negative energy from critics.


Original post.

November 18, 2017

Heading out to "Justice League", in about 40 minutes. Hope they aren't mobbed at the theater. Going extra early, but you never know. Although, I squeezed in to "Force Awakens", opening day, so....


Update.

November 18, 2019

Oh, they weren't mobbed, they were damned near empty. 
Except for this asshole and his son who decided to sit right in front of me, even though they could have sat anywhere. 
The dad proceeded to loudly explain to the son how he's so very VERY important at his job, and he needs to stay in contact at all times (meaning his fucking phone might ring during the movie, and fuck anyone who didn't like it), and he'll understand someday when he has a job. 
I could tell he was really explaining it to ME, and using the kid as a shield. 
I had the fantasy of telling the kid "if your daddy's phone rings, I'll kill him right in front of you, and you can be Batman", but I held my tongue. 
Luckily, the phone didn't ring. 
I should have put this in my review at the time. 
Dunno why I still remember it. 
The rude arrogance of it got under my skin, I guess.

He wasn't some bigshot banker or anything either, he was the overseer of unloading dry goods off of train cars or something. "Omigawd, Jake! The Keeblers and the Ritz are all mixing together! Save us, Jake! We NEED you!!". 
Fuck off.
Delusional narcissistic prick.



He was still better than the brand of dickheads you get at the Westbrook theater.
Especially the miserable soul-dead little turds during my first viewing of Infinity War.

Anyhoo, I'll retro-link this to the JL review.


Previously with MM-

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) (MM #175)


Previously with SFF-

When the rich are done fucking us.... (SFF #23)


5 comments:

B. D. said...

I watched the 1971 mega low budget exploitation piece of shit crap ass trash "The Zodiac Killer," made quickly while the Zodiac was STILL ACTIVE with the hopes of LURING HIM TO THE THEATER AND CATCHING HIM. On a scale of one to 10, it sucks gallons upon gallons of blood, shit, cum, and human hatred out of Hitler's putrid, dead asshole!!!!! Don't watch it. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Popeye's chicken sandwich that morons are killing each other over is still a pretty good chicken sandwich!!!

Diacanu said...



Fuck!
First my cat dies, now I find out I missed Bladerunner day by a week cuz the Facebook notification acted new, but was old.
Life keeps beating me with a sledgehammer dipped in shit this week.

Y'know what would comfort me in times like this?
My cat.
*Gloomy sigh*



B. D. said...

My family had to put down an old cat that they'd had for *15* years recently...really sucked, but she couldn't see a damn thing anymore and would run into furniture and knock herself out. Yeah, death of a pet's a real shit sandwich.

Bladerunner day - Eghn, Back To The Future 2 day was more fun. What's in 2020...oh right,
Trump getting re-elected because the Dems are having such a shit time of it. Great.

Well, now I've got some better things to watch, like "Wages Of Fear," "Sorcerer" (William Friedkin's 1977 WOF remake) and I'm going to start "Game of Thrones."

Diacanu said...


Yeah, I didn't see anything in mainstream pop culture for Bladerunner the way there was for BTTF2.

Can't wait until you react to the final season of GoT, that has everyone split right down the middle.

I'm starting to recover a bit from the kitty death.
I can mentally function again.
I've got a backlog of food posts I was gonna try to hammer out before Thanksgiving I didn't make it to.
No matter, I can retro-link them, and make it look like I pulled it off.

Which would you rather see first?
An omnibus one on Schwan's and the Hood brand milkman?
Or one on school lunches?


B. D. said...

Mourn for your cat as much as you like, he was your cat after all.

Schwan's - I liked the root beer float cups and the cheapo frozen pizzas had some nice crust at least.

School lunches - They were fucking disgusting and I often times just ate snacks for lunch. Don't know what you had to eat in Maine in the 80s, me in the 90s went with these cheese stick things instead of the entrees. As a kid I was too dumb to realize that the school lunch thing was why people were angry at the government.

I'm only three episodes into GoT and had to laugh at how we see some poor scared deserter kid beheaded in the first episode with blood going everywhere, but the camera pulls up and away to Sean Bean's face when he had to kill that wolf thing. 70 episodes to go!

I watched "The Irishman" the other day at a friend's Netflix...the new Martin Scorsese gangster/Jimmy Hoffa epic...it's not bad but good gawd is it ever LONG-O. It's got the usual Scorsese doo-wop guys-in-suits sudden-blood-splattered-all-over-the-wall Catholic death stuff in it, but now it's a sad old man's voice, both Scorsese's and De Niro's. Weird casting in spots, Pacino doesn't look like Hoffa and is the wrong ethnicity and is 17 years too old to be playing the part, and Todd from Breaking Bad is his son?!? Ray Romano was pretty funny as the lawyer though. Worth watching once. If Scorsese is done after this it would be a decent place to end I s'pose.

Blog Archive

Labels