Friday, November 30, 2018

Corrections/updates Part 4.


In "History of the internet part 3.5- Word-forged", I rambled about my old (cyberspace) stomping grounds.

That was 9 years ago.

The racist/partisan trolls got too toxic after the Obama election, and that's when I bailed out for the Richard Dawkins forums.

Plus, I was dealing with a lot of my old demons, and I was all raw and bloody inside, and couldn't hack abuse from anybody over anything.

Now, the old Dawkins boards are gone, but all the people I met and befriended there are on my Facebook.
Most of the old bigot trolls have fucked off to....y'know, I don't care where they ended up.
What teensy sprinkle of them that are left are ganged up on as the sad knuckleheads they are.

Basically, the Trump election has ruined their little world.

Standing by that fucker made them have to throw every principle they pretended to stand for into the septic tank.

They're done.

So, I hang out there again.
It's a lot more fun now.

But that's the life cycle of trolls.
They either come in, ruin your forum, and then fuck off when they've driven away all the good people, and have no one left to play with, OR, you weather their bullshit, until finally, after a decade or more, they get tired, and look for more sensitive victims OR, the mods wise the fuck up, and boot their asses.

It's usually that last one.

OR, you get really lucky, and they die, or they go through a crippling divorce, or some other outside force shuts down their miserable activities.

Either way, 9 times out of 10, trolls need shutting down by someone else, cuz they won't stop otherwise.

Overall, social media is killing boards, they're a dying dinosaur.
I'll ride WF to the end now, and shut the lights out.
Least I could do.

I have the bad years of that place to thank for making my blog, and the good years to thank for friends I still Facebook with.

So, it's all good.
It all worked out in the end.


1 comment:

Diacanu said...



The king of the crypto-fascists was outed as the real article.

https://dickynoo.blogspot.com/2020/06/so-storms-nazi.html

Blog Archive

Labels