Thursday, May 28, 2020

Lisbeth Salander TV series!


The first "Meedyah Morsel", since the post de-numbering.

Anyway, re: the headline, sounds good on paper, but....



...will it be good without Stieg Larson?

I mean "The Girl In The Spider's Web", was okay as a generic spy movie if you haven't seen the other ones, and it might get you into seeing the rest of them, but...I'm re-watching the original trilogy for the next "Isolation Marathon", and it's no fucking comparison.

This show is supposed to be all new adventures that make no reference to the originals, and...I dunno.
Without Stieg, can they re-capture the magic?

Like I said on Facebook, at least I hope they keep the jagged R rated edge, and have Lisbeth's favorite targets be rapists.
They sanitized the sex stuff away in "Spider's Web", and had Lisbeth be more like James Bond.
That's fun to watch, but the whole point of Lisbeth's thing is she hunts "men who hate women".
That's her deal.
Like Punisher fights the mob and street criminals, and Silver Surfer fights alien tyrants.

Course, this thing is gonna be on Amazon, so I won't be able to see it unless Youtubers do reaction videos or something.
Fucking Amazon won't put their shit on disk for me to buy, and I'm not paying for a fucking streaming service.

Aaanyhooo, I'll update the casting of Lisbeth #4 like I did for Clarice #3.

Clarice #3 down; Lisbeth #4, Batwoman #2, Spider-Woman, and She-Hulk to go.
Stay tuned!



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels