Friday, August 19, 2016

Big Summer Movies Part 4. (Part 6)


It ain't "Pete's Dragon". ;-)


Star Trek Beyond (2016)


The franchise so far....

Yeah, I know I said here I wasn't gonna see it, but I did, and I'm glad I did.

So, rundown time.
  • They finally nailed it. 
  • This felt the most like Trek of the three now known as "The Kelvin timeline".
  • Better than "Into Darkness", easily.
  • Best Trek movie in a LONG goddamned time.
  • Yeah, best since "First Contact", so best in 20 fucking years.
  • If you were trepidatious like I was, just go see it already.
  • Chock full of Easter eggs all up and down the Trek timeline.
  • That "sabotage", trailer that pissed everyone off? That song becomes justified, and you'll love it.
  • Sofia Boutella as Jaylah was quite possibly my favorite new character.
  • Can't wait for part 4 now!
  • Every character was note perfect.
  • There were two black girls behind me that kept blurting out comments, and the movie had me so sucked in, I didn't even care.
  • The drive home was a nightmare. Everyone wanted to just dive out of their driveways without looking. Or else come to a sudden 15 second dead stop in the middle of a 50 MPH zone to make an easy turn. Or, no one knew whose turn it was at the light-less 4 way intersections. Is the heat making everyone fucking crazy? It was like playing a fucking Mario game getting home alive. Like, one of the hard dungeons. Kee-rist!
  • But, I'm alive, so, a good day. :-P


Summer's almost done!

Next, and probably last, Sausage Party!!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels