Friday, December 30, 2022

Star Trek: Prodigy, season 1, part 2.


Hey, only a day late this time!




Non-spoilers-

I said last time...

I'll have to let it percolate to decide whether I like this or Lower Decks better.
It does make me happy though.
I'd recommend it.

Yeah, they're an apples and oranges tie.
Like how "Heavy Metal" has horror, hard fantasy, and comedy within it.
LD and PROD are different flavors of Trek within the franchise.
Hard directly comparing them, but like "Heavy Metal" vignettes, they're pieces of the larger whole.
Deciding which I like better is like deciding if I like TNG or DS9 better of the old shows.
Depends on the episode, and my mood.

I will say the second half of the season is better then the first.

Spoilers-
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
-Borg!
-Admiral Janeway on the Equinox!
-A race that imitates Starfleet like the gangster planet imitated a dime-store novel on TOS.
-Holographic TOS skin for the bridge!
-Dal's an augment created by fanboys of Arik Soong.
-Okona.
-Jellico.
-Murf evolves into...a Sour Patch Kid, basically.
-Singing Murf!
-Janeway/Dal body swap.
-A fleet full of Akira, Defiant, and Sovereign classes!
-Chakotay's whereabouts? Still a cliffhanger mystery.


I think next up, is either season 5 of Discovery or season 2 of SNW.
But both of those are smack dab into 2023.
See you then!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels