Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Big 2022 year end movie recap.

Previously...



I caught the 'rona which kept me locked up, so I missed Black Panther 2 (and "Black Adam" doesn't look like it's worth a theater trip), and I didn't get out much period. What ones I did get to see really counted though.

Anyway, here we go...














The word "instant classic" gets thrown around a lot, but I'm sparing and cautious with it.
Instant classic.
If this quality maintains for the next two, we've got another Nolan-level Bat trilogy on our hands.
Maybe even better. I know I already like this one better than "Batman Begins".















People whined about the fluctuation between humor and sadness, I like it.
The best fairy tales have that up and down rollercoaster of hope and dark.
I think people just wanted "Ragnarok" again.















Thor edged this one out by this > < much.
It's close. 

And that one ends my theater trips. 
But! To be completist about 2022...















Caught up to it on Blu-ray.
Meh, watchable. 
I put it in Ed Norton Hulk territory, and I stand by that.


Box-office is still struggling.
Covid's coming down, but now the economy sucks.
Message/awards pictures are getting their asses creamed, because everyone's saving their ticket money for blockbusters. As they should, IMHO.
Avatar 2 is out, and easily headed toward a billion.
*Sigh* Not into the Avatar-verse.
The thing I'm making is better.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels