Sunday, December 25, 2022

My Christmas Loot: Part 11, Endless Loot!

So, the usual Amazon hi-jinks, so I have to cut it in half between what came, and what'll come in the next couple weeks...

Got 'em...

Star Trek: Picard, season 2 (2022)


Original review here.

I gotta re-binge this.
I'll update with a re-review.


The Overneath (2017)


From my review of  "The Line Between"...

I've since discovered that there's two Shmendrick The Magician prequels in "The Overneath".
So, I gotta hunt that one down next.

Bam.
That'll get a review when I do my Picard re-review.

I was surprised!
"Last Unicorn" and "Line Between" are like pamphlets practically, but this one's a whole tome!


Sandman: Season Of Mists (1992)
Sandman: Endless Nights (2003)


As I said in the show review...

The cliffhanger hints at season two being book four ("Season Of Mists").
Hopefully, if it's a two book mashup like season one is, we'll get to "A Game Of You" too.

So, there, ready for season 2.
Also has the Thor appearance Hyla spoke of, and it's the one he started collecting with.
Boy, did I catch up to him the long way around, or what?

And "Endless nights" is short stories about each of the Endless, and my favorite is Dream's, because it's an ancient flashback just-so origin of the DC superheroes.
I recommend the whole book on the strength of that one story alone!

7 down, 6 to go!!
So, that's...


Snowball's a-rolling!


And oh yeah, there was a bag of taffy, and a drum of popcorn!


In temporary Amazon limbo...

Star Trek: Discovery, season 4


Original review here.

That'll probably need a re-binge and re-review too.


A Fine And Private Place (1960)


The one that got Peter Beagle famous before "Last Unicorn".

My friend, Alexandra, who also recommended "Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me)" says its good, and she hasn't steered me wrong yet.


Sandman: Overture (2015)
Sandman: The Doll's House (1989)


Okay, "Overture" is number  because it time-loops like "Battle For The Planet Of The Apes".
Even though it's theoretically a prequel, you should read 1-11 first, because it spoils some big things, and cameos characters, and references plots you won't recognize/understand otherwise.
It's very timey-wimey.
I'm very confident that the writers of new Doctor Who are Gaiman fans.

And "The Doll's House" is the other half of TV season 1.


Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars (2016)


Retroactively inserts Deadpool into the original Secret Wars.

It just HAS to be better than the original.
Boy, does that story need some livening up.
At worst, it'll be dumb fun like Ambush Bug.


So, that's those.
Stay tuned for updates.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels