Monday, June 21, 2021

The (ninth) YEAR Of Hembock!


 
           


Since last time...

-Krazyfool Show turned 21 (unobserved).
-Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion turned 22 (unobserved).
(AKA The Emergence Saga)

Yep, that Harry trilogy from last year became a quadrilogy thanks to a story that emerged from a joke in a food memory diary.
Am I a writer or what?

Other than that little creative upswing, this was a brutal year.

I'm still getting over that.
Still not up to 100%.

And this just as coronapocalypse was finally coming to an end.
She didn't make it.
It wasn't corona, but still.
Fuckin-a, y'know?

That's made me reflect on a bunch of things.

-I've abandoned the big pile of Krazyfool sequels/prequels, but Emergence Saga absorbed those ideas.
-I abandoned a much longer Emergence Saga.
-I'm abandoning plans for Harry volume 5. Fuck it, the material is all here digitally
-I'm abandoning plans for a rant compilation book.

BUT! 
I'm turning that material into my novel along with unused Emergence Saga stuff.
I'm only heartbroken Margaret didn't live to see it.
I don't know that I'm ever gonna feel all right about that.
*Sigh*

So, yeah, whippity doo, 9 years of a book hardly anyone bought.
Yipee.
*Sarcastic finger swirly gesture*
*Eyeroll*


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, *I* bought it! And when I opened it, it went right to "Breeding Baboons!"

B. D. said...

That was me, BTW.

The 1978 Beatles parody "Rutles: All You Need Is Cash" by Eric Idle (with an assist from Lorne Michaels and a bunch of SNL people, apparently) is only moderately funny, if you really wanted to know. Couple of amusing gags here and they obviously put a lot of work into the songs, but it's a bit dated.

Diacanu said...



Oh yeah, you did get one, didn't you?
Hope you thought it was funny.

I have seen "All You Need Is Cash".
Think it was on AMC when their format actually was classic movies.
Yeah, it was so "fneh" I can't even remember anything from it.

Blog Archive

Labels