Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The blog in review part 3: Part 4, Jade-Shade.


And with no other bullshit this week for a change, we continue right away with...


Jade-Shade.

This is a project that I just had to get out of my system before figuring out through a lot of painful trial and error what I'm really meant to be writing.
I think I have now.

The ending feels a bit rushed....screw it, a lot rushed, some chapters are downright rough and sloppy, but I'm proud of the good parts, and I think there's more good parts than bad.

If I really wanted to, I could fix it up with another pass....but I lingered on this long enough.
It's done. Move along.

Looking back, it's "the next big project, after the holidays", referenced at the very end of "First-world problems".
Cuz I started it right up in January of 2013.

...and here we are, that one's done, and I'm on to the next "big project".
Hope I stick the landing on this one this time. :-P

Anyway, on to the page overhaul....


Quantum Dissolve.
(The Jade-Shade saga).

This can just go.


Chapters.

I'll turn "chapters", into "text adventures".


Season 1: Origins.
Season 2: Heroes, Villains, & other nutcases.

I'll moosh the "seasons", in as smaller headers within a combined list of everything.
That "seasons", idea was dumb.
There were supposed to be 10 of them, and they were supposed to go faster, but I had diarrhea of the keyboard.
It would've had to have been at least a 2000 page book to do them all proper justice.
Screw that.


Art.

"Art", I'll make into "graphic adventures".


Other junk.

Like with Harry, I'll turn "Other Junk", into "Museum", and bump it up top.


Finally, as said before, I'll fold this into the Harry page.

And, that should do it.


Next up, Archives.


8 comments:

B. D. said...

Wow look who died....

http://www.metalinsider.net/sad-news/former-anal-cnt-guitarist-josh-martin-dies-in-escalator-accident

As for the posts, yeah I'm experiencing a lot of burnout on the stuff that used to make me happy too, now that I'm 35. My old movies and album collections have been exhausted....I've heard/listened to them too many times and pretty soon I'm going to be moving away....the old college lifestyle has finally burnt completely out, I've been here way too long and accomplished very little in about a decade. So yeah I can understand how you think those happy memories of writing Harry Hembock would last forever but you can get burnt out on happy memories too. It's depressing. But knowing you you'll probably move on and find something else to write. Hey, you've written more than I have...

Diacanu said...



So, you just leaving your town, or you pulling up stakes from Kansas entirely?

Diacanu said...



Oh, and Tapatalk just bought Network54, and now none of the old boards work.
I'm supposed to be able to sign in with my old passwords, but they aren't working either.

Bye, bye, Network 54. :-(

Diacanu said...


Oh, d'oh! And re: Anal Cunt....is..that OUR Josh Martin, or just a coincidence??

B. D. said...

Josh Martin - It's a coincidence. It was "our" Josh Martin who first introduced me to Anal Cunt in the first place, and we joked around at the time about him having the same name as that guy. He listed a bunch of AC's song titles and I laughed pretty hard. Seth Putnam, AC's beleaguered frontman, died a few years ago, and reading up on him he was kind of a dick, apparently having associations with skinhead punk bands and such in his early years.

I can't find our Josh Martin on social media. He was from Texas. Wubb's real name was Rob and Minion's real name was Curt Warner and he was from Iowa. Happy hunting. HobGoblin was Vincent Battimiello and Mike was Mike Kereluk.

Why would anyone *buy* Network54? I won't really miss those old boards, I've revisited them a few times but never spent very much time on them.

I've had OCD habits and listing stuff and categorizing meaningless personal stuff too, so I can't knock you for any of this, as long as you're just admitting you're writing it for yourself. I don't even necessarily wish I didn't have the problem though it probably does qualify me for the autism spectrum. Dunno about you!

And regarding my life....I have to find a new direction very soon or else the depression really is going to get to me and it was physical depression this time. I've ALWAYS been able to find some new album or TV show or movie or book or obsession to throw into my stomach and chew on for awhile to forget that I was supposed to get into grad school like a decade ago but have never actually been interested. I always figured I'd do something altruistic for people but what? I may leave Kansas but don't want to stray very far from family. I HAVE to leave Manhattan Kansas (KSU located there.) I've never been Mr. Social and ALL of my old friends are miles and miles away.
I'm not suicidal though, so don't worry about that, I'm still commenting on this place. But this past May is the first time I've ever had actual physical sick feeling in my gut over the rut I've gotten my life into.
Eghn, I'll think of something.

Diacanu said...


Yeah, I guess my listing and linking is an OCD/Spectrum thing.
*Shrug* ah well.
It is what it is, and I yam what I yam.
I'm Popeye the sailor man.

Yeah, the old Krazyfool board was a dead dinosaur, but at least I could visit the skeleton.
Now the skeleton has sunk into the tar, and it's kind of a drag.
Like, I'll move on and stuff, and I've got all the old jokes backed up, but it's a thing I put work into.
If anyone pulled the trigger on Old Yeller, it should have been me, not some upstart douche-bag tech company.

But, that's the internet for you.

My answer to the depression stuff is the same as the other reply I guess...


B. D. said...

I'm surprised any upstart douchebag tech company would even want old message boards from 1997...

I used to obsessively list out the day's NFL scores on paper for no reason whatsoever. Then next to those scores, I'd list what I WISHED the scores were. That was some pretty OCD shit. I also used to memorize all the weapons in "Final Fantasy 6" and had them listed in my head, BY CHARACTER, in terms of weakest to strongest. I don't think I can do that anymore! Thank God Asperger's has been retired.

Diacanu said...


I think they're replacing them with some new kind of new forum/social media thing, but they were keeping the old ones as courtesy.
But you had to log into them to keep them, and I found out too late.

Oh, don't even get me started on how I used to keep every single Star Wars novel title memorized.
Hmm, the movies are about to grow as big in number as those books, so look for that compulsion to come flooding back...

Blog Archive

Labels