Sunday, April 29, 2018

Big 2018 Movies Part 4.

Yeah, I said Deadpool 2 was next, but first...


Ash vs Evil Dead (2018)


Previously....

I almost didn't do this, I did the first season, because it was the first Evil Dead in almost 25 years, and then I did season 2 out of habit, but no one seemed to be digging the weekly episode review format I was doing for it, so if I did do it, I was going to skip the episode reviews, and just do the season review.

WELL!! They cancelled it, and then right after they announced that, Bruce Campbell said he's retired from playing Ash.

Thus, this season is the last Ash thing ever, so I'd better fucking cover it.

"Hey! It's not on until 9 tonight, how did you see the finale!?!?".

If you've got digital Spectrum cable, they upload the on-demand one at midnight Saturday night.
*Shrug* I dunno if they're supposed to, but if not, fuck it, that's on them.
Better than piracy, and legal to boot!!
Wheeee!!

Anyhoo, let's run this season down like a movie...
  • Doesn't quite reach the perfection that was season 2, but still fucking great.
  • The finale is huge. Bigger scope and stakes than even Army Of Darkness.
  • I haven't done the full binge yet, but I saw most of them again, because Starz marathoned them for me. I missed like, the first 2 or 3, but along the way I caught them on repeats when they first came out anyway. Either way, the whole show is in my head.
  • Like I said last time, each season is equivalent in runtime to bingeing the original movie trilogy, we've got three extra trilogies of content now. We wanted Evil Dead 4, we ended up getting Evil Dead 4 through 12.
  • I wish they had hit their target of 5 seasons, but I won't cry over the 3 we got. We're lucky we got anything. 
  • They saw cancellation coming, and the finale is a proper conclusion. The whole Evil Dead mythology is tied up in a bow. You will be pleased.
  • Not only will I miss Ash, but I'll also miss Pablo, Kelly, and Ruby. Damn, they got me to love them. (Brandy was all right, but we didn't get as much time with her)
  • Maybe someday, even if Bruce doesn't want to come back, in a decade or so, they can reunite Pablo, Kelly, and Brandy, and have them carry the legacy. But, again, I won't be greedy, I'm happy with what we got. 
  • Can't wait for the blu-ray. But until then, there's Starz on-demand.
  • My traditional annual 6 hour marathon of Evil Dead is 24 hours now. Not bad. Not bad at all.

And that's it.
I mean REALLY it!

*Gives a military salute to the franchise*
Thank you, Evil Dead.
You got me from my preteens to my 40's through good times and bad.
You done good.

And like I said last time, if you're an Ash fan, but haven't gotten into this series yet, I just don't know what the fuck you're doing.
Even if you don't want to buy Starz, there's the blu-rays.
Go get 'em.
Now.

Next time, Deadpool 2 for sure!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels