Wednesday, October 16, 2019

80's cartoons were fucked.

Stuff from Facebook #12

But, with all I'm learning about Reagan, the 80's were fucked, period.


September 29, 2018

Here's something that separates Boomers and X-ers by a mile culturally. Transformers in general, but specifically Soundwave. Boomers don't get the joke of Soundwave's character. X-ers got it as kids intuitively. We just GOT it. I could play a clip of Soundwave right now doing his shtick, y'know "Laserbeak, Rumble, Ravage, eject, eject, ejeeect!!". They'd be like "yeah, it's a robot, so what?". Okay, I'll walk you through it. Transformers have had millions of years to evolve. They're beyond robots. They're sentient beings. They have personalities and emotions. They're PEOPLE. For Soundwave to act like a robot means THAT'S WHO HE IS AS A GUY. He's really uncharismatic, and very probably on the autism spectrum. Also, he has a jacked up voice box that no one has bothered to fix. Decepticons exploit the handicapped, and have terrible medical care. That's some fucked up shit for a children's cartoon. But, it was the 80's. Anyhoo, I've done my Beatles homework. I've seen the old SNLs. I've watched "Tommy", 25 times, and grit my teeth through "Hair", once. Boomers will never meet me half way on the Transformers stuff. It's not something I hold my breath on. Just something I find fascinating.

And the update....

September 29 at 12:37 AM

Soundwave had autism, but Rumble had an extroverted personality, and had to ride inside Soundwave's chest as a tape. Alongside a bird and a jaguar in some sort of magician's hat dimension. A headshrinker would have a field day with the Transformers. You millennials and your PC emotionally healthy Voltron and She-Ra remakes, you don't know how sweet you have it.

Ayuh.


Previously with SFF.

Keep it to yourself, it's my life! (SFF #11)



9 comments:

B. D. said...

Tool dedicated an album to Bill Hicks, yes, it's "AEnima." This was in 1996, I'm guessing Bill Hicks was more popular later on.

Hicks is also sampled in Tool's godawful 15 minute long prog epic "Third Eye," from that same album. It's a sample of him from one of his routines talking about how drugs have done some good (well, to be fair, some great works were created on drugs.)

I've read Gary Glitter is NOT getting any royalties from his silly song (did he ever have any other ones?) being used in JOKER.

RIP Robert Forster!!

B. D. said...

LOL, Paul Dano is going to be the Riddler.

http://variety.com/2019/film/news/the-batman-paul-dano-the-riddler-eyed-to-join-cast-in-latest-installment-1203374212/

I eagerly await the truly epic Pattinson-Dano BEATDOWN sequence that will be in this movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn5sSqCO5Xg

Diacanu said...


Yeah, we had a big storm Thursday that destroyed our power grid, I'm just finally catching up on everything

Diacanu said...


*Finally sees the video*

Ahhh! THAT'S Paul Dano! I didn't recognize him without the shrieking and the blood!

Diacanu said...


Re: Tool

Yes!! Aenema!!
A former friend in the 90's had that one, and showed it to me.


Re: Gary Glitter. Well, good.
If he were getting royalties, how would he even spend it in jail?
Gold plate his toothbrush shiv?




Diacanu said...


After seeing Halloween 2018, I was going to buy all the ones with Jamie Lee, including H20.
H20 is on TV right now.
I couldn't make it 10 minutes.
It really is garbage.
Unlikable characters that are supposed to be likable played by Troma level bad actors.
Nope, nertz to my plan of collecting those.
Blah.
You were right.

B. D. said...

H20 - There are two big fads from the mid to late 90s that influenced almost nothing but bad things: Tarantino and "Scream."
All the stuff Tarantino was associated with, or influenced, between about 1995 and 1998, was junk and with the exception of "Desperado" and "From Dusk Till Dawn," nobody cares about it anymore at all. Remember "Killing Zoe"? "Four Rooms"? Nah me neither.

"Scream" remains the only good thing Kevin Williamson ever did. I was hyped as a MOTHERFUCKER to see H20 when it came out because the SCREAM GUY was making a Halloween movie. Then it turned out to just be "Scream," but minus the references, and with Michael Myers put in.
I don't know that I ever hated it but I've never gone back to it either.

Diacanu said...



I don't wanna go through the bullshit of slapping together a whole blog post on this shit, so I'll just throw it in here.

Jared Leto tried to stop the Joker movie from happening, and he's fired as Joker for any future DC movies.
He's been fired for awhile, but DC/WB are finally just admitting it.
Like when they took for-fucking-ever to admit Batfleck was out.

Also, Leto has gone bugfuck nuts, and turned an island into a Jim Jones cult.

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/2019/Jared-Leto-has-started-a-CULT-on-an-island-and-his-followers-call-him-Prophet

Course, this could be one of his elaborate media stunts, but real religions have started as scams. I really think L. Ron Hubbard was going to confess to his scam, and Miscavidge had him assassinated.

So, either way, real cult, fake cult, they can end bad either way.
Don't do cults.
Even as a joke.


Diacanu said...



Oh, and I'll probably do a blog post on this, but I don't have the willpower yet.
Ronald Reagan was probably a rapist as well as a racist.

It was on The Dollup, and Dollup got it from Kitty Kelly's Nancy Reagan book.
I dunno why the mainstream media focused on Nancy being the Hollywood blowjob queen, and not Ronnie being a date-raper.

Oh, right, yeah I do, it was the early 90's, and the 80's and 90's were backwards and horrible.
Which is why Reagan was president.

I guess I should have read the book.

Blog Archive

Labels