Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy 20th anniversary, Army Of Darkness


20 years, damn....I almost even remember where I was.



"I love the EeDees", again.

And...I kinda lazily linked the AOD review on that, so...

From here...

Army Of Darkness

Another great trilogy came to an end.
Why, ten years after Return Of The Jedi even!
Yeah, you had to be a well versed Evil Dead fan to recognize from the ads that this was really Evil Dead 3.
But, it was easy.
Ash with his chainsaw hand, the little couple-second bit of the Oldsmobile plopping to the ground, what else had that but Evil Dead 2?
It took a few times of that ad playing before it truly clicked, and I got all jazzed.

Still love this trilogy, naturally, I've got it on DVD.
Oh, man...Evil Dead 1 used to be a bitch to get ahold of on VHS, and I remember paying 50 bucks for the fucking thing at the closeout sale at Home Vision Video.
Ouch.
Now you can get the DVD everywhere, and for sure, somewhere, it must be discounted to under 10 bucks.
*Head shakes, and sighs*
Well, not like I should've waited for DVD, cuz I would've been waiting a long time, so, still glad I grabbed that VHS.
Oh, and of course, I saw Evil Dead 2 back in '89 on the recommendation of my dead friend, Mark.
There truly shone a good deed...
*Sad sigh*


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels