Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy 10th Anniversary GTA: Vice City!!!!


Yeeeaaah!!!
Woulda chopped my fuggin' hands off if I forgot this day.
It only comes once. (:-D


See "Claude, Tommy Vercetti, Carl 'CJ', Johnson, and Nico Bellic", here.

Yeah, been ten years, gotta say, Tommy is my favorite video game character.
Isn't just "new game -itis", anymore.

Still pissed they didn't make the rest of the series a trilogy of just him, instead of that multi-generation bullshit.

Anyway, let's have some songs.

This one is for when I do the trick of taking the Kawasaki bike up the back stairs of the one building, up the elevator to the office cubicles, firing off the AK to get everyone running, shooting out the window, revving the bike with the brakes on, flying out the window, landing between the gap in the two buildings, then continuously doing the rooftop-to-rooftop jumps off the ramps.

(Whenever I can, I like to wrap that one up with climbing the water tower, and bazooka-ing the news chopper out of the sky and getting the cops all angry-bee-y)

All of that, OR jumping the Kawasaki off the moving car carrier.




For nighttime driving the Kawasaki bike in first-person mode.
You can almost feel the wind. Heh.




For doing the sea-plane challenge where you have to get it through all those rings.
Calms the nerves.




For the boat challenges.
The rhythm syncs to the bobbing of the boat through the choppy waves.
Gives you something to focus on besides getting virtual-seasick.




Made for the game, good anytime.
Good theme for fleeing a mall killing spree




Good anytime.
Especially in weird contrast to some chaotic carnage.




Played in the original ads.
Acknowledged by most as the theme of the game.
Good anytime.




1 comment:

Diacanu said...


Okay, today is the "official", anniversary.

I swear to you, I wrote the date of October 27th down from Wikipedia.
I stared right at it, I didn't glimpse it, try to hold it in my head, and let it get fuzzy minutes later.

Someone tinkered with it, and did so, cuz someone got it wrong.

Whatever. Rockstar started the celebration early, and had birthday logos up on the 27th anyway.

Blog Archive

Labels