Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dracula-thon (Part 4)


Nosferatu!

*Fights back the urge to sing "desperado", with bad Weird Al-ish vampire themed lyrics*

*Realizes I've just put that in your head anyway*

*Cackles wickedly at the thought*


Nosferatu (1922)


The film-

So...it was supposed to be Dracula, it's based on Dracula, but, they couldn't get the rights (guess it wasn't in public domain yet) so, Dracula was changed to "Count Orlock", and other details were futzed with, but...who are we kidding?
This was the first Dracula adaptation.

The history-

Bam!





Nosferatu (1979)


The film-

Hmm, same year as Frank Langella "Dracula".
Ladies weren't moistening panties over ol' Nosferatu though, I bet...

Anyway, it's got the Nosferatu title, and makeup, but the vampire is actually Dracula here.

The history-

I hear this is grim, and boring, and indeed, my one attempt at it had me falling asleep.

I'll get through it someday, damn it.
If I can manage "Star Trek: The Motion Picture", I can whup this one.


Shadow of the Vampire (2000)


The film-

A fictional account of the production of the 1922 "Nosferatu", where Orlock is actually real.

Fucking magnificent!

Rent it, buy it, Netflix it, whatever you've gotta do.

The history-

Shit, I gotta own this....


Well, that was a quickie, wasn't it?

Um...well, go watch Nosferatu, that'll kill time.

Tomorrow, all the other Dracula re-interpretations.


2 comments:

Diacanu said...


Hmm, the credits and subtitles in this Nosferatu have him as Dracula....

Diacanu said...


Ahhh, there, swapped the video out for one with clearer quality, the original color tints, and less annoying music.

Blog Archive

Labels