Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy 35th anniversary, Ghostbusters 2!!




-27th (Mere observance)
-28th (Ditto)
-29th (I observe the IDW comics pick up from TVG)
-30th (GB2 and ATC align politically)
-31st (Brownstone Boy to direct Afterlife)
-32nd (Afterlife delayed by covid)
-33rd  (Afterlife arrived, Frozen Empire announced)
-34th (Frozen Empire teaser poster)

And the 15th for GBTVG.

..and now, next year, I can lump 27-35 together as this one link.

Yep, Frozen Empire had plenty of GB2 direct references and Easter eggs.
A clip of the walking Statue of Liberty on the news, mood slime, slime blowers being tested in the background of one scene, Ghostbusters 2 logo mugs, Ray's Occult Books again.

I only wish Jason Reitman had shown up as grownup Brownstone boy.

And, like I said in the GBFE review, this was the Ghostbusters 2 I wanted as a kid in 1989.
That being said, I'm glad this one existed to build off of, and I've grown to love it over the years.
It's a time capsule for where the fandom was, and a reunion for the cast.
Ain't nothing bad about that.

Oh, and they use the tech of keeping ghosts in proton charged aquariums introduced in GBTVG.
They don't acknowledge the events of the game, but that's a nice little nod to it.

So, yeah, finally respect for GB2 in the nick of time for year 35.
😎👍


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels