Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The (eleventh) YEAR Of Hembock!




Since last time...

-Krazyfool Show turned 23.
-Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion turned 24.

Been two years since Margaret passed.
She'll always be linked to these books, cuz she pushed me to put 'em out there.

Only made DVD shopping money off 'em.
I don't care.
I used to.
It used to bug me.
Gotta be philosophical about it.
It's more attention than they would have gotten not published.
And it's more money than my so-called friends made on the comic they put out in the 90's, and left me out of. After lying to my face that I'd be in it. 
Just "surprise! Here it is!". 
"Ope, I'm not in it; fuck you". 
So, yeah. Sold more than them.
It's not about the money, it's about the eyeballs, and if it brought joy to those eyeballs.
James Gunn said in the commentary for "Super" if only one person sees "Super" and loves it, he made it for that person.
I feel the same with Harry.
I know in my marrow those books are funny.
If someone laughed, I win.

Margaret used to tell me she knew "a friend" in his 80's-90's who let a bunch of screenplays, and a whole musical about Thomas Paine, and a raft of cartoons just sit in a drawer.
I often thought she made this person up to motivate me.
I later found out the "friend" was her partner, Jack Donner.
He played Tal on the Star Trek TOS episode "The Enterprise Incident".
They met at a convention.
Apparently, he was a secret multi-talent.
Secret, cuz he wouldn't even scan and Amazon that shit.

I wish I saw his stuff.
But its gotta be gone now.
Even if Margaret saved it after he died, which I doubt, when she passed, her kids would have chucked it. That's too many filters to make it through.
It got landfilled.
Poor Jack.
Jesus.

So, hey, Harry has more of an immortality than Jack's cartoons.
There's that, I guess.

Well, Jack's got his acting immortality, anyway.
I salute and grin every time "Enterprise Incident" is on.

Aaand, I'm working on my new book.
I keep chunking away on it year after year.
A book's only 300-400 pages.
It can't be written forever.
I have to get there someday.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels