Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Outlander Blu-ray binge!

So, I said last time...

Anyway!
Time to burn through all six!
I watch Stargate, Trek, and Farscape all fucking day, I can certainly skip that for some Outlander.
3-4 episodes a day will chew through it pretty well.
Stay tuned!

Done!

Outlander seasons 1-6 (2014-2022)


I watched more than 3-4 episodes.
I averaged about half to 3/4ths a season a day.
Chewed through it quicker than I thought.

I was gonna rank it by seasons, but I like them all pretty equally.
Season 3 is a bummer, and a slog through the bummer, but its supposed to be.
Plus, the back half of 3 they go to Jamaica, and that lightened the mood up.
I guess my favorite is 2, because the 18th century France stuff is interesting to me.
But then, 3 and 2 are my least and most favorites by just a smidge.
I like it all.

I did learn in the bonuses that Diana Gabaldon was inspired by one little episode of Classic Doctor Who.
The Doctor at one point had a Scotsman sidekick called Jamie, and he was played by Frazer Hines.
Jamie Fraser? Eh? Eh?

Time travel? Eh? Eh?

Yep, Dr. Who gave birth to Outlander.

And Neil Gaiman wrote for Modern Doctor Who.
And Jenna Coleman from Modern Doctor Who was Constantine in the Sandman show.
So, there's your Outlander/Sandman connection.

Next up... there's an Outlander graphic novel I want to add to the collection.
And, I finally need to get season 1 of Strange New Worlds on disk.
So, stay tuned for those!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels