Friday, August 26, 2022

Post-birthday loot 2022.


Got these yesterday!
Let's just jump right in!

Outlander season 1 (2014).
Outlander season 2 (2016).
Outlander season 3 (2017).


It's Scottish "Game Of Thrones" with time travel, no dragons, and someone gets raped every season.
Trust me, it's better than my description.

Kept hearing about it from friends, kept seeing the ads, tried it out, got hooked, binged the whole thing, watched the new season, now I'm a fanboy.

I've got Starz, I can watch it through the cable box DVR menu thingy anytime I want, but..I wanna HAVE it, y'know?
What if the cable goes out?
What if society collapses?
What if the Decepticons come?

I just want it.
3 seasons down, 3 to go!


Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022)


Review here.

Gotta do the duology binge of "No Way Home" and this.


Morbius (2022)


That poster isn't on the box, but weirdly, it's on the disk, and the menu.
I think it's the better image.

Anyway, I've been kicking this can down the road since June.

Finally grabbed it.
Begrudgingly, for the Marvel collection. 
And, finally seen it.
The only one of this whole haul I'd never seen.

How is it? Hmm..
Not as bad as the critics make out. Nowhere near.
It's watchable dumb fun like the rest of the Venom-verse.
I never cringed.

Style wise, it's a mashup of "Batman Begins", Ed Norton "Incredible Hulk", and "Lost Boys".
Plot wise, it's Ed Norton Hulk and "Lost Boys".
Quality wise, it's somewhere between "Venom" and Ed Norton Hulk.

I don't love it, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Matt Smith's villain performance really saves it.

If I had seen this at the theater, I'd say wait for rental.
Well, we're at this point.
Have been for awhile.
Stream it.


The Dark Crystal (1982)


See here, here, and here.

THERE!!!!
Finally!!!

It's in my cabinet next to "Princess Bride" and "Last Unicorn".
That's gonna be an amazing triple-feature sometime.

It plays on Starz, but it's not in their online menu, you have to take it when they choose to broadcast it.
Well, that's remedied!


Ed Wood (1994)


Old review here.

Holy shit, the last edition of this I had was VHS!
It's one of those ones that every time I craved to see it, cable would play it in the nick of time.

Well, there, finally got it.

And, that's those!!



4 comments:

B. D. said...

"Ed Wood" IS the best Burton movie.

Regarding last political comment: every conservative wanted to vote for Trump, but many liberals were too ashamed of Hillary to vote for her. She has been a public figure since about 1990 and nobody has ever once "liked" her. Liberals' "consciences" told them not to vote, and yet conservatives' "consciences" told them to vote at all costs.

I think your comments all got erased?

Diacanu said...


Nope, they're in the other birthday loot post, this is a new one.

Or, do you mean they aren't showing up on the front page?
That happened to me for a bit, they show up when you open any post, and then it eventually comes out of it.
Some random glitch passing through.


Diacanu said...


Re: Politics, I hope 2016 taught these sensitive little whippersnappers that if they're waiting for a perfect unicorn to vote for, they're going to be waiting for-fucking-ever.



B. D. said...

I accessed the homepage with my motorola e6 and it said "0 Comments" under a bunch of posts where there had been comments, and no recent comments columned at the right side, but now they're back. Huh?

Blog Archive

Labels