Saturday, August 20, 2022

Stranger Things, season 4 review.

Finally wrapped up that bigass book-a-thon, so now I'm catching up on everything.

Like I said in the "Ms. Marvel" review, I'm late on everything, and this is how late.

I actually saw these as they came out with everybody else, but real life stuff, and the book-a-thon made it so I couldn't even squeeze in the review.
It was literally, sleep, eat, poop, read, sleep, eat, poop, read.
With chores and some shows tossed in to break up the tedium.
No blog time left.
So, here it finally is!


Previously with this franchise-


Easily better than season 3.

Dunno if I'd put it all the way up there with seasons 1-2 though.

We get a retroactive puppetmaster villain, like Palpatine in "Return Of The Jedi".

We get a hopeless cliffhanger like "Empire Strikes back" or TNG's "The Best Of Both Worlds".
So, season 5 is a foregone conclusion.

We get old and new characters out the wazzoo.
You thought they piled on characters in season 3?
Buckle the fuck in!

We got Kate bush and Metallica meme-ed out our wazoos for the following two months.

We got Robert Englund, but not nearly enough of him.

We lost a guy like "Goblet Of Fire".

Eleven got re-balded.
We didn't need that, I liked her hair.

Was it worth the wait?
Mmm....yeah, it was pretty damned good.
Not as cosmic as the gushers say, not as bad as the whiners say.
Above good, below awesome.
Pretty damned good.
I'd lost interest, and this got me back.
That's good enough.

Welcome back, Stranger Things.

😎👍


Hopefully, season 5 won't take another 3 fucking years!



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels