Saturday, January 1, 2022

Prelude to Multiverse Of Madness.

-or-
Disney/Fox Part 11.5: The road ahead part 2.

Warning, heavy Spider-Man: No Way Home spoilers ahead.


So, let's see how I did on my "No Way Home" predictions.

Short version, I predicted NWH (formerly "Homecoming 3") leading the way to multiverse.
Although, I wasn't optimistic and ambitious enough to predict triple-Spideys!
BUT! I did jury rig a way that the Spideys were already in a multiverse.

Okay...I kinda guessed at it a little, cuz they did a scene with the three Spideys in "Spider-verse" that got cut.
But...I thought the crossing over would be handled more in the animated sequels.
We still have to see how that goes.
"Across The Spider-verse Part 1" is on its way.

ANYWAY! I am being optimistic enough this time to predict X-Men for "Multiverse Of Madness".
But...we knew this had to happen cuz of the Fox acquisition, I just didn't know it would be so soon.

So here's my prediction for how they'd handle that.

Short version, I thought they should use the radiation from the snaps to activate dormant mutants, and have them be the X-Men.

I did not think they should use Wanda magic.
I now think they're going to use Wanda magic.

They could have used the snaps if they picked right up rom Endgame, and nothing else.
But, I think they're bending the story as they go along, because the Disney+ stuff came out of nowhere, and the Fox deal came out of nowhere, so they're constantly adapting to changes.

So, in adapting to Wandavision, they're using Wanda.

I think Wanda is going to Wandavision the whole planet, and poof mutants into being.
I think Fietro (fake Pietro) was a test bed for this.

But! This just creates the MCU's mutants; I also think Dr. Strange is going to pull in Fox X-Men guest stars like the classic-Spideys.

"No Way Home" kind of sneak-previews the pattern they're going to use.

"Homecoming" and "Far From Home" used home-grown MCU-born villains, and then NWH uses multiverse villains.
I think were getting a mixture like that.

I think the first two acts will be all the Steve and Wanda stuff, and they'll set up some more Disney+ shows. 
Maybe there'll be a Shang-Chi cameo.
They might tie in Loki. 
That's got a high probability.
Act 3, Fox-crossover free for all, but with all the characters put back when they're done like the classic-Spideys.
Mid-credits, Wanda poofs up the MCU mutants, and then we explore that in "The Mutants".
Post-credits, Deadpool tells a joke.

Look, there's no way they set up Deadpool and Korg in that "Free Guy" ad, and don't deliver on that promise.
We're getting Deadpool, minimum.
Bet on it.

As I said here, Blade, X-Men, and Spider-Man paved the way for the MCU.
So folding them in is coming full circle.
Can't wait to see it.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels