Friday, October 30, 2020

8th anniversary of the Disney Lucasfilm deal!

Holy shit, 8 friggin' years!


Anyway, let's look back... 




So, 3 (or was it 4?) days late from the actual announcement, I posted "the elephant in the room".

Then, the films all came out, and I recapped those (plus Mandalorian) in excruciating detail in "I still love Star Wars".

Then, I went through, and noted all the novel/comic stuff JJ stole for the sequels in "Star Wars: EU stuff in the Sequel Trilogy".

And, I just re-marathon-ed the sequels in "isolation marathon (Part 6.5)".

So, there, the sequels are out, seen 'em, own 'em, been there, done that, literally have one of the t-shirts.

Let's see where Star Wars goes in the next 8 years.

Oh!
And this just popped up on my Facebook reminders.


Grania Spingies posted this on my wall on the day the deal was struck 8 years ago.
She passed away June 16th, 2019. 😢
That little Jar-Jar Goofy has been in the pics on the sidebar on my personal wall for the whole 8 years.
No matter how many other pics get uploaded, it's invincible.
I'd forgotten is was from Grania.
Gave my heart ouchies to be reminded.
But now I'm glad it's always there.
😊


4 comments:

B. D. said...

I watched the "Star Wars Holiday Special." Uhhh....it's just a bunch of really boring pointless 1970s cheeseball variety show crap, and it was too BORING to make me spend much time hating it. I mean I just sat there with my attention span fading away from it five minutes, probably because those Wookiee noises were so damn annoying that I HAD to get bored with it!

WOOKIEES? Anyway? Why is so much of this damn thing about wookiees? Who liked the Wookiees? I never did.

Carrie Fisher was on dope back then, right? Like really really really bad dope?

I wonder if Bea Arthur ever thought about that song she sang ever again.

I don't have anything to say about it that you haven't already heard so let's just say that I'll never watch it again.

Oh wait, the Boba Fett cartoon must be of some importance. Yeah. There's that.

Minion said...

General Billdude! You are a bold one!

Diacanu said...


Billdude-

Yeah, you either love or hate the Holiday Special.
Okay, scratch that, you either "what a fascinating car wreck", or "meh", or hate it.

Minion-
?!?!?!!?!? 👀😲😱


B. D. said...

Uh is that really you? Curt Warner was it? If so damn has it ever been a long time. You still listening to anything you showed me between 1998 and 2000? I do.

Blog Archive

Labels