Tuesday, June 26, 2018

90's TV revival updates!!


-OR-

I don't h8 the 90's anymore (Part 4.6)
(Regular-ass TV part 3)

-OR-

I don't h8 the 90's anymore (Part 1.6)
(Cartoons Part 2).


Previously-


Let's get right to it....


Roseanne (1988-1997, 2018)


From here...

A reunion special is coming, and it seems like it's erasing at least some of that ending as an alternate timeline, or dream, or something, because Dan is back to life.
Stay tuned, this show ain't over yet after all!

Whelp, it came back, and despite Roseanne flipping her wig, and going all MAGA, it was actually pretty good.
....until she tweeted un-mistakenly racist shit, and got fired.

But NOW....


It's coming back again minus Roseanne as "The Connors", with Sara Gilbert (Darlene) as the producer.
Good, we watched for Darlene, Dan, and Jackie anyway.

Oh, and yep, they did sweep that weird 9th season, finale and all, under the rug as Roseanne's unpublished book, and Dan never died.
Mark died though, because the actor really died.

They haven't decided how to write Roseanne out yet.
Shit, kill her with a heart attack like Dan.
Full circle, and just desserts.


Daria (1997-2002, 2018)


Like I said here, three whole years ago...

You get "X-Files", and "Twin Peaks", can I have more "Deep Space Nine", and "Daria"?
Can we sign that deal, humanity?

Well, I'll be goddamned, Daria is coming back!!
Guess the DS9 reunion will be any day now.

The reboot will be called "Daria & Jodie", and have Daria teamed up with the token back girl, Jodie, who Daria respected, but was never close with before.

They'd better explain where the fuck Jane is.
Jane was Beavis to Daria's Butt-Head.
You don't just erase her.
There'd better be a good story explanation for her absence, and not just a hand wave.

Also there'll be a live-action Aeon Flux, but I'm not excited about that for some reason....

Both of those will be on Hulu.
Which isn't free anymore.
So....Jack Sparrow and Captain Morgan will have to bring it to my doorstep...
*Wink*

And that's those!

As usual, I'll retro-link this into "I don't h8 the 90's anymore".


3 comments:

B. D. said...

I thought a large part of the whole "kill Dan with a heart attack" thing was, in the first place, due to Roseanne and John Goodman fighting constantly and Dan not being around for most of the 9th season. Didn't Goodman want off the show by like 1992 to go do more Coen Bros. movies and such?

RIP Harlan Ellison. Watch "City On The Edge Of Forever" in tribute, or read "I Have No Mouth And Yet Must Scream" in tribute, or sue James Cameron in tribute, or maybe just be a real ass-piss all the time in tribute! Man, this is a bad year for writers that I actually bothered to read...Philip Roth, Tom Wolfe, Ellison...I bet Don DeLillo is next.

Diacanu said...


Re: John Goodman. Yep, you nailed it.
Guess there's been enough water under the bridge for him to come back.

Re: Harlan Ellison.
Yeah, everyone's had to qualify his good side with what a pugnacious prick he could be.
I have the comics adaptation of "I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream"
I'll have to dig that out.

B. D. said...

Goodman - I seem to recall reading that he got pissed off at Roseanne in the early 90s and hung out with Tom Arnold a lot as a result and Tom got him re-addicted to drugs. It can't have been the paycheck that made him want to come back, he's surely making enough $$$ from what he usually does!

Harlan Ellison - I can't think of a sci-fi author with a more infamous reputation regarding their personality.

Blog Archive

Labels