Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Christmas loot 6, update!


Last time.

Ahh, finally!


The Real Ghostbusters (1986-1991)


Previously...

The good news-
I've got 120 episodes of the show.
The bad news-
They stripped out the video commentaries on every episode, and the documentaries where they talk to cast and creators. The 15 minute episodes are gone, only the 30 minutes ones are there. All the bonus goodies from the Time/Life set are purged. It's as no-frills as you can get. Even the commercial bumpers and title cards are gutted to make space.
The good news that balances the bad news-
The opening and closing themes are still there.
The menus are simple, snappy, and responsive.
Scene skip takes me just past the theme if I get sick of it.
All my favorites are still here.
And the standalone Slimer episodes from "Slimer And The Real Ghostbusters", episodes are gone, and I don't miss that baby-ish junk at all.
Also, a lot of the bonus stuff I can get back with Youtube, and indeed have already collected.
Nifty observation-
There's no longer any doubt in my mind Katie Dippold binged the first couple seasons of RGB when she wrote "Answer The Call". Once you refresh your memory, there's RGB Easter eggs all over ATC.
That just makes me love both things even more!!
Now I'm even MORE excited for "Crossing Over".

Right now, I'm 5 disks in, with 5 to go.
I'm in the weird position of having STARVED for years for Ghostbusters content, to now having so MUCH of it, I have to stop to take breaks to prevent burnout.
It's a fun and blissful problem to have!


Ghostbusters 101: 
Everyone Answers The Call. (2017)


See here for the issue/arc reviews.

Yep, nabbed the graphic novel.
Got it as a physical object now.

And it has that quick scene where Holtzmann literally pokes her head into the RGB universe, so the two things directly connect!!

Had to carve out a special space on my bookshelf for Ghostbusters now.
What with this, Ectomobile manual, "Tobin's Spirit Guide", "Ghosts From Our Past", and "Get Real", having sprouted into a sizable stack, and the graphic novels for "ATC: What Dreams May Come", and "Crossing Over", and who knows what else coming up the pike.


And there, that's the last residue of Christmas.
I'll retro-link this back to the Christmas loot post.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels