Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Happy 14th anniversary, Freddy vs Jason!




This year "Slash Of The Titans".

The Freddy & Jason franchises seem effectively dead, but the announcement of a reboot or documentary could land any minute now.
You never know.
"Slash Of The Titans", came out of nowhere.

Work on "Scream Queen", keeps progressing albeit slowly, and Robert Englund is doing "Nightmares In The Makeup Chair".

There's a "Friday The 13th", video game out, and reviews are mixed.

Jason and Leatherface were in the latest Mortal Kombat.

Slasher genre is on another long hiatus (like the 90's when Scream was the big thing) while people lean more towards Stephen King remakes, and nostalgia trips like "Stranger Things".
Which suits me fine, I ain't bitching, it's good stuff.

I've got 8 Freddy movies, and "Never Sleep Again", which is more than I could ask for.
Still, if they keep making documentaries and books, I'm gonna get 'em.

And if they ever re-reboot, I'll check it out with an open mind, but the last one lowered my expectations.

So, that's 2017.
Like to use this date as a franchise update every couple years.
We'll see where we're at in 2020.



6 comments:

B. D. said...

Not to get all political on your ass, but in response to the embarrassing hate rallies in Charlottesville, there is one really funny thing that happened....this video is HILARIOUS.

http://www.towleroad.com/2017/08/christopher-cantwell/

Diacanu said...



Lol, yeah, saw that.
Nazi tears are delicious.

I'm finally closing in on finishing my 90's TV (broadcast, cable is next) retrospective, and I drop some references to Virginia Tiki-Nazis in there to be topical.


B. D. said...

I agree with the viewer comment: "What's next, a thriller about running out of toilet paper?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVS_5BiOWys

Movies like this make me wonder if horror really SHOULD be so profitable.
I mean, I'll come to my senses, but surely this is a terrible film.

Diacanu said...



I'm amazed they haven't done one about the real kid who sat on an uncorked in-ground pool drain, and got his intestines sucked out through his asshole.

B. D. said...

"I'm amazed they haven't done one about the real kid who sat on an uncorked in-ground pool drain, and got his intestines sucked out through his asshole."

That was a real story?!?? I thought that was just that stupid godawful "Guts" story by Chuck ("Fight Club") Palahniuk. The one Josh Martin posted a link to and made out to be the worst thing ever written (well, it was pretty retarded.)

Diacanu said...



Nope, I remember that happening to a real kid on the news.
Palahniuk totally stole it, and dressed it up with other bullshit.


Blog Archive

Labels