Saturday, October 8, 2011

More things I don't do.


Continuing from the last one, that started with this one...

Where was I? Oh yeah...

Conform.

Goes without saying. Based one of the 4 I's on it, here's a link to that, and it plays into a bunch of the others.

Go with the flow

This is an appeal to turn your brain right the fuck off, be a good little headless ant, and groan with the zombies.
Fuck that, fuck you for expecting it.

Tell you what you want to hear.

Well, geez, I basically have to be a mind reader for that, don't I?
What did I tell you about mind reading?
Go back to the last one, and come back if it slipped your mind.

Be "one of the guys".

Hey, if the other guys are into horror movies, science fiction, a dabble of philosophy, comic books, sex comedies of the 1980's, and turning current events into dark comedy, we're gonna be golden.

If not, I'll most likely "be quiet, and keep to myself".
Anything else is an appeal for me to "go with the flow".

Go along to get along

More "go with the flow", shit.
Eat my ass.

Get on board

Nope.
Fuck you.
See here.
More "go with the flow", but now they want the extra verb of you stepping on a boat to do the floating.
This ads "I consent to this stupid bullshit", to the sheep herding.
Yeah, no.

Suck up

Nope, bite me.
If you earn my praise, it's genuine, and sparsely doled out.
And I don't expect anything out of it.
Not a game I play.
If it were, I've done a shitty job at it.

I don't play the other reindeer games, why in the fuck would I play this one?

Anyone who's ever accused me of this one, drink a fucking bullet.
*Shrug*

Kiss ass

See "suck up".
I don't like toadies, I wouldn't want to have one, I wouldn't want to be one, I lose respect for those who seem to want them.
Ditto the last paragraph of "suck up", for those who threw this at me, even if only inside their nasty little minds.
Drink that bullet.

Play ball

This is a variation on "go with the flow", and "be one of the guys", but they expect you to DO shit.
This is always some of that nasty "training day", kind of shit.
Doing your assigned job duties never falls under "play ball", it's always something "extra".
Fuck off with that.
If "playing ball", was in that undefined "it's what you DON'T do", collection, wow, fuck that guy with a nuke.

Dumb it down.

You're a grown ass adult, you got through high school, you have Google at your disposal, likely off a portable device, and I don't talk like Dennis Miller.
At least, I don't think so.

If your mental age is three, I'm not playing babysitter.
If playing babysitter is "a people skill", I'm glad I lack in it.

Massaging egos, suffering fools gladly, and "being nice", is also more of that babysitter shit.

Do small-talk

I think this is what I really meant by "mindlessly shoot the shit", and it straddles "dumbing it down", and "suffering fools gladly".
But it also falls into "going along to get along".
And the overall arc of it is more babysitter shit.
With a slight dash of sucking up.

I'll talk about what I wanna talk about, I ain't gonna fill the air with jabber to endear myself as part of a larger political game.

Be a team player

I'll do my assigned duties, I'll help out, I'll even play nice with others on the job site, but tack on that "play ball", shit, and call it "being a team player", you're just being a slimy sleaze slithering your crooked shit under the door.
More rhetorical bullshit from manipulators.
Did another of the 4 I's on this whole subject before right here.

I think this encompasses a good bulk of what I suppose the "it's what you DON'T do", bullshit probably consisted of, but...more might come to me....


2 comments:

Caudimordax said...

Gosh, where are you having all these unpleasant interactions?

Diacanu said...

Oh, I'd say, any time I left the house, and continuously up until I snapped, and became a cyber-hermit.

Blog Archive

Labels