Thursday, March 11, 2021

Year 1 of this corona shit!

Week 30 (I predicted this shit!).

Yep, been a year (or 52 weeks) since it was declared a pandemic, and we all started to hide in our houses.
Course, I've always been a hermit, so nothing much changed for me.

If we hadn't, I don't know what we would have done.
It would have been gross.
We're goddamned lucky.

Here's my Facebook post from that day.

March 11, 2020

Whelp, we're up to a 1000 cases. 
When it gets up to 2000, we're doomed. 
According to the exponential numbers Alexandra shared. 
So, if you had plans past April, kiss those goodbye. 
Even if the bug doesn't get you, the collapse of civilization will. 
I'm not a fucking prepper, so I'm gonna be dead. 
I dunno how long I'll stay on as the death comes. 
Until the electricity goes, I guess.

Well, we didn't collapse, but Trump sure fucking tried with all his willpower to get us there.
Luckily, he was as incompetent as he was evil.
Texas damn near collapsed though.
They're gonna have 3rd world conditions for a fuck of a while.

So, where are we now?

36,221 cases in Maine, 721 deaths.

29.2 million cases nationwide, 529 thousand deaths.

118 million cases worldwide, 2.62 million deaths.

Biden just bought 100 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
And, he says we should all have our vaccines by May.

Dr. Fouci says by late summer, early fall, we should see it turning around, and normalcy should be coming back.


By this time next year, this will all just be a horrible memory.
Like a fading nightmare.
Looking forward to it.


1 comment:

Diacanu said...


Ope, I mis-calculated.
TODAY is the 1 year anniversary of our 36 roll emergency TP trip.

Also forgot to mention, I won't miss wiping groceries down with fucking bleach wipes and/or paper towels soaked in bleach spray.

Blog Archive

Labels