Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy (???) Memorial Day again.



As I said last time, this one is always awkward, and this year, it's more awkward.

As I mentioned in the big "Summer of Hembock", post, and the "2012 in review post", we lost my grandfather last summer.

He served, but didn't see "action", the war ended in the nick of time.
Just as well, the conventional invasion of Japan would've made Normandy look like kindergarten, and woud've killed....pretty much everybody.
So, the first nukes probably made it so I could exist.
Weird....

Anyhoo, as noted from another anecdote, he was as atheist as I am.
So, my rant last year on religion and afterlife being a bunch of booga-booga probably wouldn't have offended him.

Memories are all we have left.
Which, given the name of the day, is as it should be, I suppose.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels